10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaVillain

I noticed that as well. He got tackled by Kompany, then approached by Pautasso (I think) and didn't try much after that.

It looked to me he was being instructed to play wider on the right, as that was where he appeared most after that. I don't think he'd have stayed on in such an important game, or gone for that one-two with neymar (i think) which could have lead to the third at the end if he was hurt.

Kohe321

Yeah he was good, but still far from his usual best level. I was disappointed that he didn't score on the two clear chances he had - the one where he fired the ball over the goal with his right foot in the first half, and the one at the end where he was through on goal and just passed the ball to Hart instead of firing it into the corner as he would do at his best...

With those two goals, plus Piques offside, plus the penalty from the handball... Barca would have completely destroyed City, and the talks about the match would be completely different. Barca could and should have won at least 4-0 yesterday.

Paganinisrvnge

I'm pretty sure it was Kompany who poked it away from Messi`s feet at the last second so that it harmlessly rolled to Hart. That would've been a sure goal had it not been for Kompany.

Trickykid

2ldBWUiPzN8.jpg

s_Y8VUnB2Ds.jpg

ngJMcV2P0jA.jpg

0hUt2ROOnpE.jpg

5720124855427090_a453f75a682ca9e9761b0db3516d2793d43f026eac959a4efff2318fd44457fd_large

how can you hate this guy

The little dictator!

Kohe321

I'm pretty sure it was Kompany who poked it away from Messi`s feet at the last second so that it harmlessly rolled to Hart. That would've been a sure goal had it not been for Kompany.

Ah okay, that explains it, if he had a clear shot and didn't hit the ball better, it would be pretty poor, but being stopped by Kompany makes much more sense. The guy is an absolute beast of a defender, so no shame in that. :D

I need to watch the game again anyways, will be cool to see it without having a pulse of ~130-140bpm. :p

Trickykid

Anyone else shitting themselves for the penalty? The ghost of Chelsea has vanished.

Oh yeah, you bet I did. Then again I always do that whenever we are awarded a penalty. The Messi case was speciel, though, as you mention. It could easily be one of those things he'd be remembered for, which would be a damn shame.

Kerrybai

Oh yeah, you bet I did. Then again I always do that whenever we are awarded a penalty. The Messi case was speciel, though, as you mention. It could easily be one of those things he'd be remembered for, which would be a damn shame.

I'll never doubt his mental strength again!

raskolnikov

You always get that feeling when a penalty is awarded in a big game, except when the oppsoition gets one then it is the other way around.
His penalty looked very weak though, really lucky Hart went the other way, then again, a penalty scored is always well taken.

gazza

You always get that feeling when a penalty is awarded in a big game, except when the oppsoition gets one then it is the other way around.
His penalty looked very weak though, really lucky Hart went the other way, then again, a penalty scored is always well taken.

You need to watch the penalty again ! Hart was already diving when Messi placed the ball down the middle,it was not really lucky as u put it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans