10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I would agree if the team had played well in those matches. Collective failure can't be pinned only on him. And against Valladolid he tried. From that game just Pique, Pedro, Masch and Messi were trying.

I'm not pinning anything on Messi. He is judged as a member of the team. The team plays bad, Messi plays bad. These days, he doesn't bail us out. He is good when we are good as a whole, and poor when we are poor as a team. I've never blamed just Messi for how we play. Messi's name gets mentioned more often in these discussions just because he is our most important player and because some spare him of (justifiable) criticism. Either we are rational men/women, or we are just fans.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hes not the captain, in fact I think Puyol, Valdes, Xavi and Iniesta are ahead of him. Besides of he shouts at players like Puyol everyone will whine.

Yeah Kerry, I know he is only the 5th captain (will soon be the 3rd), but I wasn't referring to the formal/designated role as a captain, I was referring to what a captain brings to the game and how he/she influences others etc in a general sense. Certainly not about shouting, haha. It is just that Messi doesn't have the iron will (if you will) and an imposing personality that we usually expect leaders to have to lead, to direct, to influence others.

F

Flavia

Balague is usually full of bs... But he might have a point. The diagonal runs are really not happening anymore.
what I do hope is bs is he saying the board offered Messi a contract where he would earn less... Though I wouldn't be surprised, with this board full of morons.

DinhoR10

Balague is usually full of bs... But he might have a point. The diagonal runs are really not happening anymore.
what I do hope is bs is he saying the board offered Messi a contract where he would earn less... Though I wouldn't be surprised, with this board full of morons.

Pedro does them thats about it though.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
"In the past, he had better players to do that than, say, Alexis. "

Alexis's support runs are world-class, as recently as last(or two games?) ago he had that one run when he headed it down to Messi and almost got an assist. Neymar always likes to go into the middle too, and Pedro makes the runs on occasion. I don't think that's the reason.

abual3bed1

MESSISTATS ‏@MessiStats 4m
25 ― It has been 25 matches since Messi last produced a hat-trick for Barcelona. His next will be his 25th for the club. Omen?

F

Flavia

It's been a while since Messi played with a smile on his face. That he really seemed to be enjoying the game. Hope it's today.

abual3bed1

Flavia, every time I see a post from you, I think when did I say that. I used this avatar for so long that I forget I changed it. Good choice by the way, one of my proudest moment as a cule.

Mitchell1978

Its probably a contract with a lower 'base' salary but with higher 'incentives' or something.

I think Balague's article is pretty spot on, tata's tactics aren't benefitting Messi.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hopefully he has decided that it's time to silence all the haters and that this is the right match to do it in. Come on, Leo!! :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans