10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

Most goals from outside the box in Europe's top 5 leagues this season: Luis Suarez 7 - Lionel Messi 6 - Mario Balotelli 5 [via @whoscored]

Cristiano "tap-in" Ronaldo

coura

Banned
Pep http://www.audi-reports.com/ar2013/stories/think-forward/

"But with so many stars in the line-up, as we currently have at FC Bayern Munich or my former club in Barcelona, you may also come across situations where diversity can be destructive. Everyone wants to play, but I can only put 11 players on the pitch at any one time. The ones left on the substitutes’ bench are most likely to be the ones who aren’t happy with my decision. And then there’s the pressure from the press and the fans to select particular players. Whenever I left Lionel Messi on the bench, for example, the whole of Barcelona was in uproar."

He should be more careful with his words and talk less about barcelona. These words are being misinterpreted as putting messi in a butt hurt kind of player.
Simply not true. Talk about bayern all you want. Leave barça out of it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is quite obviously talking about the outside influence, fans, media and all that. And it indeed does cause an uproar if Messi is kept on the bench. Messi is subbed out and the media and some fans starts talking about an angry Messi who has stopped talking to the manager and all that, the conspiracy theories, it never ends. All rubbish ofc....

Of course in this time of the world, these things are nothing unormal and will come all the time anyway, so I think that comment is valid one and nothing big to be talking about because it's true. People want to see Messi play all the time. Messi surely wants that as well and so does any player in the world, but that comment got nothing to do with Lionel Messi the footballer or person. Its a commment about what other people want and expect and all that package.

coura

Banned
He is quite obviously talking about the outside influence, fans, media and all that. And it indeed does cause an uproar if Messi is kept on the bench. Messi is subbed out and the media and some fans starts talking about an angry Messi who has stopped talking to the manager and all that, the conspiracy theories, it never ends. All rubbish ofc....

Of course in this time of the world, these things are nothing unormal and will come all the time anyway, so I think that comment is valid one and nothing big to be talking about because it's true. People want to see Messi play all the time. Messi surely wants that as well and so does any player in the world, but that comment got nothing to do with Lionel Messi the footballer or person. Its a commment about what other people want and expect and all that package.

To an honest reader it´s quite obvious but to gutter tabloids and media is not the same. He could avoid that specially now that he is in Munich.
He said clearly " Leave me alone. My time in Barcelona is past".

I love Pep but i dont agree with this actions.

Honest persons are rare today :puyol:

DonAK

To an honest reader it´s quite obvious but to gutter tabloids and media is not the same. He could avoid that specially now that he is in Munich.
He said clearly " Leave me alone. My time in Barcelona is past".

I love Pep but i dont agree with this actions.

Honest persons are rare today :puyol:

True, but then again, some people with specific agendas will make up stories, misquote you anyway, it won't stop even if you keep quiet. If you keep quiet, then they might make up stories or use that as a motive for their stories.

I agree that Pep can avoid it, but only to a certain degree. If he is asked a question in an interview and dodge that question, then those same people will try to make it out to be something negative and if he talks, then they will again try to make it out to be something negative.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It´s quite frustrating how lies become truth just because it´s on the web. Strange times.

I think it's far more frustrating when many can't even understand what they read on the web and then go on to draw erroneous conclusions

DonAK

Imagine..... IMAGINE.

lol

BjMTS4WCIAAR0VS.png:large

Credit to @FCBJulian

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Imagine..... IMAGINE.

lol

BjMTS4WCIAAR0VS.png:large

Credit to @FCBJulian

That team will lose every game. What happens when that team is just "walking around being lazy" and people start to scream "Bench Messi!"? That's right, no one plays and the team must forfeit.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesar Menotti:

Messi can single-handedly decide games for his team with his individual quality. However, he is not the type of player who makes his teammates play better. He can score three goals from out of nowhere, but he needs a team around him to get him in good positions and to make sure he gets the ball."

I constantly hear people lauding Zidane for "making his teammates play better" and I was always wondering, what the heck does that mean?? He made them play better by doing what?? What exactly did Zidane do?

And with regard to Messi "needing a team around him" or "needing to play with good players such as Xavi and Iniesta" to shine, is that really the case? I am sick and tired of people critiquing Messi on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans