10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

What a ridiculous comment...

First of all how do you know Martino's plan was for Messi to not be involved? I mean I'm one of the people who think he isn't the right man for Barca and should be replaced but do you honestly think he's so stupid that his plan for this match was for Messi to be uninvolved?

And even if that were the case - that Martino thought for the good of the team Messi should have a less involved role - it's then okay for Messi to basically say screw you and show no effort at all?

There are plenty of ridiculous comments after every game Barca loses but this one might just top them all!

Because Martino himself said so after the game. "It was our intention for Messi not to be as involved." Strong plan if you want to come back into the tie. Let's not use the best player on earth.

I'm not saying it's okay for him to make no effort. That's what you wrongly told yourself. I said I would've done the same.

raskolnikov

A chance of scenes probably would do him a world of good, this has happened before, him looking lazy with Barca then running his ass of for Argentina. Always feel he might retire early as well if he gets bored.

Since Messi isnt going to be sold the best option is to change things up. We need changes in the board and a coach with a plan and motivation. But with our ban it might be difficult to move on, end of an era and given the situation the future looks bleak.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Are 10-15 pages of hate, sorry, "criticism" really necessary? He had a poor game last night, but he also had poor games last year and all the years before that year. Everyone will have a bad game now and then, that's just how this works. Messi is just a human after all. I know, he probably should've looked more interested and also not so static at times, but I still think it's way too easy to call him "lazy" for that. We know absolutely nothing about why he appears to be walking around so much nowadays, for all we know it's down to tactics and Tata. All I know is that he is walking much less when he plays for Argentina, coached by Sabella. I think it's beyond naive to come here and say that this matter is only on Messi to blame, because if it was, Tata would've talked with him about it a long time ago. It's just deluded to think otherwise, IMO.

I will not even comment on the "his career will end like Ronaldinho's" speculation, as it is probably one of the most ridiculous and hateful discussions I've seen in a Messi thread ever. Just like some were waiting for him to have a bad game so they could write that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Because Martino himself said so after the game. "It was our intention for Messi not to be as involved." Strong plan if you want to come back into the tie. Let's not use the best player on earth.

I'm not saying it's okay for him to make no effort. That's what you wrongly told yourself. I said I would've done the same.

That sounds like Tata protecting Messi from criticism.

There is no earthly reason why he would tell Messi to play like he did last night.

Are 10-15 pages of hate, sorry, "criticism" really necessary? He had a poor game last night, but he also had poor games last year and all the years before that year. Everyone will have a bad game now and then, that's just how this works. Messi is just a human after all. I know, he probably should've looked more interested and also not so static at times, but I still think it's way too easy to call him "lazy" for that. We know absolutely nothing about why he appears to be walking around so much nowadays, for all we know it's down to tactics and Tata. All I know is that he is walking much less when he plays for Argentina, coached by Sabella. I think it's beyond naive to come here and say that this matter is only on Messi to blame, because if it was, Tata would've talked with him about it a long time ago. It's just deluded to think otherwise, IMO.

I will not even comment on the "his career will end like Ronaldinho's" speculation, as it is probably one of the most ridiculous and hateful discussions I've seen in a Messi thread ever. Just like some were waiting for him to have a bad game so they could write that.

This. Also, the rest of the team (bar Neymar and Alba) didn't look much more interested than Messi, so it's unfair to single him out...

raskolnikov

We need some stays to compare, look how many km he walked under Pep in similair cl games like Chelsea or Inter, or other games for that matter compared to these 2 years then we can see how significant his drop in workrate has been.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I swore I wouldn't read this thread after the game, but... :lol: Yes he ran only 6.8km, but you saw what happened when he had a ball, 4 defenders around him and ball is intercepted instantly and it was the same with Iniesta and other players and it would have been the same if he ran 12km or 20km. So you can rant on Messi all you want but at least admit that Atleti had a superb defense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Not blaming Messi for the defeat but he deserves some hate. The defeat is down to the whole team either not caring/caring but not playing well. Also the tactics were awful.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I would give us Messi a lesson and bench him for next game and let Pedro,Alexis and Neymar play. He needs to understand that he needs to step up his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans