10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

But the clubs pays the wages and it's unfiar for the club when a player doesn't give it all at club level.

Messi saving himself for the World Cup is just speculation. Also let's say he is only playing at 50% because of the WC, even at 50% he still offers the most in attack.

Messi doesn't care about Barca at the moment. Hoping for Argentina to get a thumping by Brazil and Neymar scoring a hat trick, going on to win the tournament and player of the tournament.

Then he can start playing properly again.

How would getting thumped by Brazil make him play any better?

JamDav1982

Messi saving himself for the World Cup is just speculation. Also let's say he is only playing at 50% because of the WC, even at 50% he still offers the most in attack.

I personally hope he is saving himself for the world cup.

If he is not and is still being as lazy as he has been then it is a bigger worry.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
I believe if he the World Cup is over we will see him back at Barca at a new level, breaking even more records. Of course if injurys don't hinder him.

V

voodoomaster

Messi has always been a bit lazy, no one cares because he is a genius. But now, he has become Even more lazy and a bit indifferent. I can understand the last part, he wants the wc, not the liga again. But he should be professional enough to do a decent amount of running anyway, and he isnt. I think this sloopy attitude is his new "essence". Someone got to tell him that he needs to run and actually engage in matches. The alternative is obvious.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It wouldn't make him better but once the World Cup is out the way he can focus on Barca. I'd just like something like that to happen so he can learn his lesson for not trying hard. This is assuming he is saving himself for the World Cup and his form is not for some other reason.

Cule4life

The Culest
Look at Neymar, Atletico team, Liverpool team etc. working hard. Such idiots they are not thinking of the world cup and actually caring for the money paying fans and club.

DinhoR10

Do you guys think messi is getting predictable? Defenders seem to stop him a lot these days or maybe its still just the 4 man marking. :(

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Look at Neymar, Atletico team, Liverpool team etc. working hard. Such idiots they are not thinking of the world cup and actually caring for the money paying fans and club.

Two games and Neymar is the definition of someone who tries hard? Ridiculous. It's not like Messi never tries hard, like you make it out to be. I think he tried hard against Granada, and before that in many other games like Real Madrid, Man City etc.

Kerrybai

It wouldn't make him better but once the World Cup is out the way he can focus on Barca. I'd just like something like that to happen so he can learn his lesson for not trying hard. This is assuming he is saving himself for the World Cup and his form is not for some other reason.

Well on the other side maybe he will win the world cup and come back playing happier than ever... anyway this is all speculation.

Cule4life

The Culest
Two games and Neymar is the definition of someone who tries hard? Ridiculous. It's not like Messi never tries hard, like you make it out to be. I think he tried hard against Granada, and before that in many other games like Real Madrid, Man City etc.

I was referring to some posters saying Messi was right in slacking off due to world cup. I am not claiming to know definitively whether he is deliberately working hard or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans