10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Bartou the cheerleader

BlLXfV9CcAEUieb.jpg

Kerrybai

It's almost impossible to pin point what's going on at the club as everyone is so quiet. Regarding Messi I think it's unfair to say he doesn't care, he certainly looked like he cared vs Granada. In a team that was playing well under par Messi looked motivated and the camera often panned to him looking annoyed and upset. There are some serious issues behind closed doors it seems, and they need to be sorted. We are wasting the best of years of Messi, iniesta, Busquets etc.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Great article from Totalbarca.

So what if he is

Disclaimer: This post is written under the assumption that what the article is saying is true and does not reflect real events...

Personally, I don't think there's any justification for a player to not give 100% on the pitch, even if he's the best player ever... If a player has a personal goal/dream that interferes with the club's well-being, then he should take a step aside... That doesn't mean getting transferred or anything stupid like that, but maybe sitting on the bench every other match or something along the lines...

I have nothing but gratitude for Messi, and I really wish he can make his dreams come true, but that shouldn't harm the club... So if in order to fulfill his goals he needs to take some time off club football, I'd be OK with it, he has earned it and I would be able to show my appreciation for what he's done for the club by accepting a vacation or a paid license to prepare for the WC... But I just couldn't accept him playing at half his capacity when the fans and club are relying on him...

DinhoR10

They have not won everything there is on offer to them. Messi has aside from the World Cup and Copa America. The reactions of some fans, their comments shows the fickleness of the modern fan. With friends like these who needs enemies ?

Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Busquets, Cesc, Valdes(kinda), Pique, Puyol have won literaqlly every meaningful trohpy a player can win.

Kerrybai

Disclaimer: This post is written under the assumption that what the article is saying is true and does not reflect real events...

Personally, I don't think there's any justification for a player to not give 100% on the pitch, even if he's the best player ever... If a player has a personal goal/dream that interferes with the club's well-being, then he should take a step aside... That doesn't mean getting transferred or anything stupid like that, but maybe sitting on the bench every other match or something along the lines...

I have nothing but gratitude for Messi, and I really wish he can make his dreams come true, but that shouldn't harm the club... So if in order to fulfill his goals he needs to take some time off club football, I'd be OK with it, he has earned it and I would be able to show my appreciation for what he's done for the club by accepting a vacation or a paid license to prepare for the WC... But I just couldn't accept him playing at half his capacity when the fans and club are relying on him...

That's a lovely idea and I'm sure Messi would have loved to have taken some time off and not further injure himself vs PSG, Bilbao etc, but as we all know the team needed him so he stepped up. If Tata see's fit to bench a 50% Messi as he can find a better alternative then I'm sure he will do that, but who else is going to score 17 league goals ?(numer 1 in Europes top 5 leagues) Who else is going to play those killer passes that Messi has played vs Madrid, Atletico etc?

You might want him benched if he's not giving 100% but if it is true that Messi has been saving himself then can we honestly say we would do better with someone else on the pitch instead of him? Maybe Fabregas false 9 again? I don't think so. The current Messi is still a beast.

Maria

Look at Neymar, Atletico team, Liverpool team etc. working hard. Such idiots they are not thinking of the world cup and actually caring for the money paying fans and club.

They have not won everything there is on offer to them. Messi has aside from the World Cup and Copa America. The reactions of some fans, their comments shows the fickleness of the modern fan. With friends like these who needs enemies ?

Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro, Busquets, Cesc, Valdes(kinda), Pique, Puyol have won literaqlly every meaningful trohpy a player can win.

:rolleyes:

Also, Cesc..seriously? :VdB:

Look at Neymar, Atletico team, Liverpool team etc. working hard. Such idiots they are not thinking of the world cup and actually caring for the money paying fans and club.

Neymar trying hard: 9 goals in 1703 minutes in La Liga
a finished Villa last year: 10 goals in 1411 minutes in La Liga
a Messi who only thinks at the WC: 25 goals in 2048 minutes in La Liga

And when I will see Neymar playing injured like I saw Iniesta, Xavi, Messi or Puyol then I will believe that he actually cares about this club. Until then he is just a mercenary who went to the only club that was stupid enough to pay his father over 40M euros.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

:rolleyes:

Also, Cesc..seriously? :VdB:

Neymar trying hard: 9 goals in 1703 minutes in La Liga
a finished Villa last year: 10 goals in 1411 minutes in La Liga
a Messi who only thinks at the WC: 25 goals in 2048 minutes in La Liga

And when I will see Neymar playing injured like I saw Iniesta, Xavi, Messi or Puyol then I will believe that he actually cares about this club. Until then he is just a mercenary who went to the only club that was stupid enough to pay his father over 40M euros.

Crap I listed the spain internationals and forgot cesc is a arsenal man lmao

Pepe Silvia

100000%!!!

I was one of the people who read that article and rolled my eyes. I thought it was a bunch of fantasy and opportunistic.

dakt

I really hope that Argentina wins WC, I really do, so that he can show to all of us, angry villagers, who is the boss. But as I said many times, Messi has done so much for this club, he will always be the best. Go Messi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans