10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

interesting story from radomir antic: Former Barcelona boss Radomir Antic believes Lionel Messi is unhappy with his recent role of playing on the wing for the Blaugrana. The Argentina star was criticised in some quarters for only notching up 7km during Barca's 1-0 defeat to Atletico Madrid in their recent Champions League quarter-final encounter. Antic believes manager Gerardo Martino was wrong to put Messi out on the flank and feels the South American clearly was not content with the role. He told *********: "Messi did not do much running because the Coach told him to play as a winger. This was Messi's way of saying 'If you want me to play on the wing, I will do just that'. "It is clear that Barcelona have a major problem. How are they going to accommodate Messi, Neymar and Andres Iniesta in one team? "I don't think Messi will accept playing as a winger after everything he has done for Barcelona. He will say 'If you want me on the wing, I will play there, but whether I will get involved in the game is another thing."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/la-liga/messi-unhappy---antic-1721669.html

:cesc:

Pepe Silvia

Anyone blaming all this madness on Messi is an idiot straight out. He has had his poor moments, and I have played devil's advocate by using his rumored 'dictator' and 'lazy' headlines as ways to spark conversation, but truly he is a brand and class above the rest.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Anyone blaming all this madness on Messi is an idiot straight out. He has had his poor moments, and I have played devil's advocate by using his rumored 'dictator' and 'lazy' headlines as ways to spark conversation, but truly he is a brand and class above the rest.

:lol: Strong 180 deg turn.

Pepe Silvia

Why I'm still saying he is partly to blame like I always did, but without such strong emotionally charged words. It is clear the problems are mostly due to board incompetence, I'm just glad the whole world can finally see that now. Messi is still not blameless in all this, and I stand by my statements.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Why I'm still saying he is partly to blame like I always did, but without such strong emotionally charged words. It is clear the problems are mostly due to board incompetence, I'm just glad the whole world can finally see that now. Messi is still not blameless in all this, and I stand by my statements.

If you are blaming him for one or two off match performances and criticizing him because of that, it's totally acceptable and fair. Every player no matter big is and should always come under scanner based on their performances.

But all of you guys took it another level. That is simply what Messi doesn't deserve. We tend to blow it out of proportion everytime our difficulty radar rises upto danger level.If he was like any regular striker we wouldn't have reacted like this. Creating 10 theories everyday for our own satisfaction and taking it to another level. Unacceptable and unfair. We as cules are pathetic and disgusting at times when we behave like this. Out of all that he has done, no matter how low he gets to, he will never deserve such kind of talks and allegations that's been going around for last one week.Shame.

Last edited:

serghei

He is, but this season he hasn't showed it. His performances aren't worthy of his value, and in the end performances count the most. The way this is going, if Messi doesn't do a wonderful World Cup, then he doesn't have the arguments to win the Ballon D'Or next season.

Kerrybai

He is, but this season he hasn't showed it. His performances aren't worthy of his value, and in the end performances count the most. The way this is going, if Messi doesn't do a wonderful World Cup, then he doesn't have the arguments to win the Ballon D'Or next season.

I think a good world cup and start to next season for Suarez and his name will be in the hat. Messi's name is certainly still going to be in the conversation though, he is the top scorer in 2014 despite not playing anywhere near his best in several matches.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Hope he scores 1 or 3 goals against Real to shut them up once again. Our attack is fine but our defense is pure madness.

L

linetty

Xavi mentioned last week that Messi's main problem is that he is uncomfortable in his position.

Xavi: "I get furious when Messi doesn't get the ball as much as usual. He can do wonders with the ball"

Messi "dislikes not receiving the ball a lot and hates being deep into the opponent's area." Meaning he likes his midfield space

Last edited:

klc123

Xavi mentioned last week that Messi's main problem is that he is uncomfortable in his position.

Xavi: "I get furious when Messi doesn't get the ball as much as usual. He can do wonders with the ball"

Messi "dislikes not receiving the ball a lot and hates being deep into the opponent's area." Meaning he likes his midfield space

Yeah, this shouldn't be news to Tata, he hasn't played right wing for ages. He is at his best when he drops into midfield to be involved in build up play and create an overload, before storming forwards once we get the ball forward with the wide players.

If messi is getting crowded out, we shouldn't move him to the wing for more space, we should put a CF infront of him to occupy some players and make space. Doesn't need to be a big player either, on the contrary, it worked excellent with villa.

Jägermeister

Yeah, this shouldn't be news to Tata, he hasn't played right wing for ages. He is at his best when he drops into midfield to be involved in build up play and create an overload, before storming forwards once we get the ball forward with the wide players.

If messi is getting crowded out, we shouldn't move him to the wing for more space, we should put a CF infront of him to occupy some players and make space. Doesn't need to be a big player either, on the contrary, it worked excellent with villa.

If Messi is crowded, our other players should move, run deep-> support him by either draging defenders away from him or give him the opportunity to play a through ball.

F

Flavia

Yeah, he doesn't care. Not one bit. People are fickle, jesus. The team is bad as it gets, so many problems, but it all comes down to messi not caring :shakeshead:

He showed as didn't care in the bernaleo, and 2 weeks later is this storm of shit in here. Sorry for ranting, but some of you guys got really spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans