10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

no player should be trying to save himself for the World Cup. they get paid to perform at the highest level. I don't see Ronaldo, Ibrahim, Suarez taking the season lightly to save themselves for the World Cup.

Ibrahimovic was out from the world cup since last year.

Also , there's 10 times more pressure for Messi to win it rather than Suarez or Ronaldo. This is his best chance and he wants to make the most of it.

He played bad like the whole team but maybe instead of blaming him like a bunch of spoiled little children you should support the players so they can get back into it. Messi was playing great a couple of weeks ago (close to his very best), the city return game, the osasuna game, the classico at the bernabeu. Then after that game the form started to dip massively, i don't have an explanation for this but thats life.

I agree, he was very good in thoose games, so why so out of form the last handfull games? the tactic hasnt changed since then, everybodys favourite excuse card "the marking" wasnt any less in thoose games, the inspiration should still have been there, we where in all Three competitions, so what changed? really? And dont tell me the World cup...

raedkuwait

Ibrahimovic was out from the world cup since last year.

Also , there's 10 times more pressure for Messi to win it rather than Suarez or Ronaldo. This is his best chance and he wants to make the most of it.

this, plus none of the players u mentions is being said as the greatest players to ever play this game, how many time did we hear messi is not the greatest tell
he win the WC?

JamDav1982

He's not saving himself for anything. He's needs a great coach again. Tata's tatics ruined him.

Yet I bet the same people who claim this are the ones who claimed that Titos tactics were shit and Messi was the only reason the team won the league and got 100 pts.

Messi is playing terribly and putting in little effort, that is not down to these tactics.

JamDav1982

He hasn't declined in terms of talent.

He's declined in terms of his motivation and inspiration. He can't do what he used to because Pep isn't there to inspire him anymore, to give him animal like hunger that bought him to levels that he used to be at. Not to mention that Tata is tactically inept.

It's so incredibly evident.

I think you are basing too much of that on Pep.

Messi was already showing these types of performances under him and Pep left because he was struggling to motivate the players. You can bet you bottom dollar he included Messi in that.

Mitchell1978

I agree, he was very good in thoose games, so why so out of form the last handfull games? the tactic hasnt changed since then, everybodys favourite excuse card "the marking" wasnt any less in thoose games, the inspiration should still have been there, we where in all Three competitions, so what changed? really? And dont tell me the World cup...

I really don't know but i'm shure its not because he's saving himself for the WC, maybe he's been carefull to avoid injury but that doesn't mean he is saving himself.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Messi played where he's more comfortable, in the middle, where he has always been heavily marked, so I don't think anything has changed there...

People were asking the heavens to play Messi at RW, then Tata did and everyone flipped because he wasn't in his best position, then he played him at AM to avoid the heavy marking through the middle, and once again people flipped because Messi is supposed to score goals not to assist, so he finally placed him back in the middle and now all of a sudden it's his fault... While I'm not saying Tata is innocent because he clearly isn't, this one is on Leo's lack of interest, motivation and intensity...

FiReFTW

Messi is clearly afraid to get injured before the World cup, you guys can't be so blind not to see it.. everytime a dangerous situation occurs ( where he usualy would try something, but a big danger for foul or injury is present ) he immediatly passes the ball away.

raedkuwait

Messi is clearly afraid to get injured before the World cup, you guys can't be so blind not to see it.. everytime a dangerous situation occurs ( where he usualy would try something, but a big danger for foul or injury is present ) he immediatly passes the ball away.

I totally agree with that, we will c a different messi once the world cup is over

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
BlYHxGfCQAEVCFp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans