10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceefoo

Really people!?! Still persisting with this "saving himself for the WC" nonsense?

If that were the case then why would Messi be demanding to start every Barca match. You'd think he'd be happy to be rested once in a while wouldn't you.

Messi isn't playing shite because he's saving himself. He's playing shite because when he isn't being used as he thinks he should be (by the Coach and Teammates) he goes into his shell and sulks about. That is the way he voices his displeasure. That's not to say I like it or agree with it, but Messi's poor displays of late are not solely on his shoulders.

Remember that! :smug:

BarcaVillain

Messi is saving himself for the world cup, if he were to get injured that would be a big blow so he is not taking any risks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are you Barca fans or Messi fans? The club don't pay him extortionate wages to 'save himself for the world cup'. That's an absolutely embarrassing statement.

F

Flavia

BlYHxGfCQAEVCFp.jpg

The face of a man who doesn't care :pep:

Such negativity, he's only 26 and everything physical is still there, he and barcelona will bounce back, y'all should have more faith once the there's stability at the club and a capable coach we will see him consistenly at his best again.

+1

Mitchell1978

Really people!?! Still persisting with this "saving himself for the WC" nonsense?

If that were the case then why would Messi be demanding to start every Barca match. You'd think he'd be happy to be rested once in a while wouldn't you.

Messi isn't playing shite because he's saving himself. He's playing shite because when he isn't being used as he thinks he should be (by the Coach and Teammates) he goes into his shell and sulks about. That is the way he voices his displeasure. That's not to say I like it or agree with it, but Messi's poor displays of late are not solely on his shoulders.

Who says he demands to play every match? How would you know that?

footyfan

Calma, calma
Surround him with a team (this means both players and manager) like he had in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 and watch him get back to his level.

That just fuels the argument that a huge chunk of Messi's supposed GOAT performances can be credited to him being surrounded by one of the best teams ever.

So how much of a GOAT is he in light of these developments? Serious question. Because now that Barcelona have dropped from the level of untouchability to the realm of other good teams, his performances do not even justify him being called the current best player in the world.

JamDav1982

Last year it was clear, under Tito Messi was the focal point of the attack. This season thats a lot less clear, Tata doesn't know how to get the best out of these players, shure Tata was given a flawed team but he's actually making it worse.

So Tito got the best out of Messi and the other players?

I promise you that was not the view on here last season.

Theconomist

I just hope it's not a Ronaldinho thing, he can't ride on that best ever title forever. He's definitely not the best player in the world this year and last year it was arguable (hence why Ronaldo won whereas the years previous there was no contest even against 2010 Sneijder and Iniesta).

BarcaVillain

Since when has any player in the world ever been able to pick his manager or his teammates. I know you aren't advocating it, I'm just asking the question.

Mitchell1978

So Tito got the best out of Messi and the other players?

I promise you that was not the view on here last season.

Last season wasn't the best but all in all a succesfull season with La Liga and a record 100 points, SF in the CL. Its just the barça fans have been spoiled the last years.

Galning

That just fuels the argument that a huge chunk of Messi's supposed GOAT performances can be credited to him being surrounded by one of the best teams ever.

So how much of a GOAT is he in light of these developments? Serious question. Because now that Barcelona have dropped from the level of untouchability to the realm of other good teams, his performances do not even justify him being called the current best player in the world.

The squad Barcelona played with the last 3 games is nowhere near the realm of other good teams.

ebc_99

Are you Barca fans or Messi fans? The club don't pay him extortionate wages to 'save himself for the world cup'. That's an absolutely embarrassing statement.

It is not an embarrassing statement, Argentina comes first and rightly so. He has had two World cups ruined by bad managers, so this is his big chance and after coming off a year plagued by injuries it has to be at the forefront of his thinking that he can't afford to get injured again.

If Messi has a great world cup then that will be good for us next season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans