Status
Not open for further replies.
BmVR2qHCIAAGd8H.jpg

Messi cried during the memorial. :cry:

Such a sad picture :cry:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Unfortunately, Xavi is getting older and Iniesta is not a spring chicken either. And this will damage his legacy, because it will give some credit to those who said that Messi is not the same without Xavi and Iniesta next to him. If Messi's decline matches with Xavi's and even Iniesta's decline, than people should credit those two midfield greats more often -- even here, on barcaforum.

I will never say, for example, that Messi has won us throphies by himself, because in 2009-2012 we were a team, that did not depend on one man -- and that was the key to our success. I don't view Messi as a saviour at all, but it upsets me a little, because the new fans have started to look at Barcelona as just Messi's team. We were and we are much more than that. I'm curious, how many would be FC Barcelona fans if Messi leaves. I hope I never find out.

Of course Messi benefited from having Xavi and Iniesta in their prime by his side, no question about it. Who wouldn't? However, it is also probably a fact that Messi, being the early peaker he is (at least in my opinion), his best years happened to coincide with the best years of Xavi and Iniesta, together they made history. Would Messi be a lot worse than he was if he didn't have the two midfield maestros, or if he had played else where? I don't think so. His talent and abilities are right there, plus he was hungry. Gold will shine anywhere.

BmVR2qHCIAAGd8H.jpg

Messi cried during the memorial. :cry:

Such a powerful and moving picture.

Egert

Estonian Culé
This season has been so fkin bad and sad for Barca. Ban,Messi's taxes,Messi injury, Neymar case, Tito's death and other stuff. I pray for better next season.

serghei

I had a dream today that Messi was leaving Barcelona this summer, damn what a nightmare it was lmao.

I never dream about Messi leaving Barcelona, because even my subconcious mind knows this won't happen -- until in his middle 30s at least.

L

linetty

He won't leave. Least not next season.
He said he'd want to end his carrer at Newells but he wont leave until he can still play on the level required at Barcelona. He is made for this club and this club is made for him. This stupid board will be gone soon anyway

Egert

Estonian Culé
Lionel Messi on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Barcelona that will make him highest paid player in Football.

Hopefully there is a bonus if he scores a goal. Maybe 10% or 15%. He just needs to start playing like in the old days...

Kerrybai

Lionel Messi on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Barcelona that will make him highest paid player in Football.

Hopefully there is a bonus if he scores a goal. Maybe 10% or 15%. He just needs to start playing like in the old days...

He is no different to the old days, the new tactics just don't suit him. We need to go back to playing through the middle, we never see Alves and Iniesta trying 1-2's with him anymore as our play gravitates to the wings.

Egert

Estonian Culé
He is no different to the old days, the new tactics just don't suit him. We need to go back to playing through the middle, we never see Alves and Iniesta trying 1-2's with him anymore as our play gravitates to the wings.

That's why we need new coach. Messi doesn't suit in Tata's tactics. Tata likes crossing or something like that.

L

linetty

That's why we need new coach. Messi doesn't suit in Tata's tactics. Tata likes crossing or something like that.
Barcelona doesnt suit in Tatas tactics, not only Leo. It'd be facepalm worthy if he really tells the players to cross into the box on Messi... And then you read that the board trusts and wants him to continue here... one dumber than the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans