10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I wouldn't normally indulge in premature Ballon D'or debates, but if CR wins La Decima (coupled with breaking Messi's record) then the odds are heavily against Leo.

Messi's only opportunity after that is doing extremely well in the World Cup, we'd have to see Messi of 11/12 in that tournament for him to sway opinions.

BarcaGirl

Once again this Ballon D'or talk in April :lol: Just give it a rest till November. I beg you.

Or take this discussion to CR's thread.

Mitchell1978

cr won the bdor this year, winning 0 titles last season. Even with Messi winning la liga. Their form around october, november will probably be the defining factor. Unless Argentina wins the wc.

Performance in the WC will be key. But really its all about perception, CR7 has not been better then Messi in 2014 (yes for the whole 2013-14 season but not for the 2014 part) its just that his team is doing well (and barça fell apart), plus Benzema and Bale have been just as good as CR7 this last couple of months.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also guys it's not just about winning trophies that holds weight (or shouldn't at least) it's more about how much contribution that player brought to the table during those trophies that matters, or should matter. As it stands CR is really contributing big time to Madrids spell whereas before he kind of disappeared against the likes of Barcelona.

Ronaldo didn't do much in the two Liga games against us, but he did score a bunch of goals against other teams. Today he was OK.

I think Ronaldo does have a winning formula: As long as he keeps running, shooting, as long as he scores everyone thinks he is the best.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
cr won the bdor this year, winning 0 titles last season. Even with Messi winning la liga. Their form around october, november will probably be the defining factor. Unless Argentina wins the wc.

This,

also the BD voting is in 7 months. Might as well stop now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The World Cup can decide the Balon D'Or. If Neymar has a great tournament and Brazil win the title he could take it same with Iniesta and Spain, or even Costa could take if Atletico win the Champions League.

Even if Brazil or Spain wins the WC, I don't think Neymar and Ineista will have a chance to win the BD.

Messi's problems have been blown out of proportion, he will be fine and soon everyone who doubted him will look pretty stupid. People built up Messi now they are knocking him down that is the way it goes, but Leo is the greatest player in history and by far the best in the world right now and it goes to show how stupid some people are that the latter is even questioned at this point. We just have to put up with it for a little while as when Messi is back on form everyone will see the difference between him and the rest is huge.

This is so true.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Performance in the WC will be key. But really its all about perception, CR7 has not been better then Messi in 2014 (yes for the whole 2013-14 season but not for the 2014 part) its just that his team is doing well (and barça fell apart), plus Benzema and Bale have been just as good as CR7 this last couple of months.

They've both been better than him. And Modric has been their best player.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Once again this Ballon D'or talk in April :lol: Just give it a rest till November. I beg you.

Or take this discussion to CR's thread.

True, as long as Atletico wins two out of the next three remaining games they are the La Liga champions. Let's hope they win the two games before they play us. :)

barcanuck

Messi will win the Ballon IF Argentina wins WC
Ronaldo will win Ballon IF he wins CL AND Argentina doesn't win the world cup OR Portugal wins the WC (yea right)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Leo has a lot of work to do if he wants to be the balon de oro winner. Hopefully he proves all of us wrong in the WC

All I hope is that Leo finds his hunger and desires back. If he has those, he will be almost unstoppable (and he has to work on his rusty touches and finishing :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans