10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It is the curse he bears. He will forever be compared against himself, and probably never be able to consistently satisfy those who ask for that type of performance every game.

He does need to get into better conditioning though, and I do think his fitness level will get better as the year goes.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Still not on the level we've seen from Messi in his best days, not even close. Robben is a great player. Messi was a class above every great player season after season.

As I said I agree with you on the Messi part and do not want to compare Robben or anyone else to him. :)

I

instinct

Does anyone have a highlight video of him where some experts praise him? Like Wenger who says that he is the best ever. I can remember a video was posted here

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi throwing up so constantly is not a good sign. His mobility is less than it was. Having Tata taking it easy during the 2nd half of the season also didn't help him. I hope it's just his fitness level.

I hope so too. He did say after the game against Belgium he felt his legs weighed 100 kilos or something.

I must admit it is quite perplexing, that Messi was almost 100% in some games (Nigeria, Switzerland came to mind), but was visibly below his normal level in some other games. You would think that he would give his 100% in big games like today's, and I have noticed that he might not necessarily be at the top level/give his best effort-wise in big games. I hope it is a fitness issue that can be improved/addressed, not motivation issues or something else.

Sooooooooo happy Messi and Argentina are in the final. Up against the big bad German team, I hope Messi quickly adjusts his fitness level to a good condition and gives his all in the final.

mazp

It is the curse he bears. He will forever be compared against himself, and probably never be able to consistently satisfy those who ask for that type of performance every game.

He does need to get into better conditioning though, and I do think his fitness level will get better as the year goes.

Sadly this is true. He's a victim of his own success.

Cata10

Does somebody know when that movie about Messi comes out or if it was relesead where we can see it ? Thanks in advance!

NotInHere

Theres been games ever since he returned from that injury where he has looked great and like his old self, but then there's games like these where he has little participation.

Inconsistency now he is, cant substain a high level of performances for 90 whole minutes, only appearing in spurts.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So awesome that Messi made it into the World Cup final with a mediocre side and some people still find things to complain about. Loving it really.

He played on an insane level for 5 straight years, not just a three week top-notch performance like we've seen from Robben, no. Every single game he played ridiculously, a level every world class player nowadays dreams about, and guess what... he wasn't able to keep it up. Wow, I have to say I'm really shocked. I thought he would've kept going like this until his retirement. Some people still don't realise what we have seen from him. He is the best ever. His form probably won't come back. Get over it.

Wait, so are you saying he's past his prime? Not criticizing/agreeing/disagreeing or anything, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans