10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaR

As i've said previously think there is a world of difference between having a bad game and a quiet game.

Empty

Messi had a bad game? What did you expect in a tight defensive game like this? Him to run on his own past 7 Dutch players and score 3 goals?

He dropped back and helped Argentina keep possession of the ball in midfield. He also created two absolutely golden chances out of nothing in ET (Palacio and Rodriguez, the latter against 3 players). Had they been finished, he would've once again been the hero.

The ridiculous standard according to which some of you judge him just show how great he is.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Jadentheman

10 - Lionel Messi

Being honest here, not much of a messi fan or generally dont like argentina but for this world cup finals i think i am siding with messi n argentina. Putting our difference a side for a match and rooting for a rival aint easy but im doing it. Id rather see a south american team win it and il admit i am a bit sour after that trashing germany gave my team brazil. Keep the title in south america, and brazil will be back! goodluck messi!

I know other brazilian a would hate to see Argentina win but I also want the tradition to stay alive. Honestly think Germans are a tad overrated but it could be anyone's games.

Messi needs this for his sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Messi had a bad game? What did you expect in a tight defensive game like this? Him to run on his own past 7 Dutch players and score 3 goals?

He dropped back and helped Argentina keep possession of the ball in midfield. He also created two absolutely golden chances out of nothing in ET (Palacio and Rodriguez, the latter against 3 players). Had they been finished, he would've once again been the hero.

The ridiculous standard according to which some of you judge him just show how great he is.

MFW+Tarantino+Films+_131c78d0ac0e46418ac926f4d5bcb6ef.gif

JamDav1982

Was it not Maxi Rodriguez that made the Palacios chance?

A lot of people seem to be saying it was Messi on here but sure it was Maxi.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Was the volley off the cross from the backline after beating Vlaar off the dribble, Maxi's? I thought it was Palacio's. I have not watched a replay, might be Maxi's.

JamDav1982

Was the volley off the cross from the backline after beating Vlaar off the dribble, Maxi's? I thought it was Palacio's. I have not watched a replay, might be Maxi's.

The cross when Messi went down right after beating Vlaar in extra time was def volleyed by Maxi.

That as far as I can remember is the only chance he created but people seem to be saying he set up Palacios also.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that his "I'm not here" distraction tactic has been figured out and it's so easy to mark him out of games these days... Then you couple that with his lack of movement and you get what he is today, a predictable player...

He is the best ever, that's why sometimes with a strike of genius he can decide matches, but I don't think asking for more involvement is too high of a standard... Two chances created in 120 minutes is nothing to celebrate despite the close and tight defensive match, that one last cross shows that he can do it if he's up to it...

Once again, we are not talking about Robben (great player, by the way), we are talking about a guy who is considered the best there ever was...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah just watched both replays. Palacio's chance was set up by Maxi, Maxi's volley was set up by Messi. Somehow I thought the volley was Palacio's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans