10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Wow..Messi has reached the status of beeing able to do almost nothing and still get praise and "its his teammates fault"

Hes disspossesed the most of any Argentina player.

Guess thats kinda the problem even in Barcelona, noone sees the problems, or dare say anything about it. You cant criticise Messi.

"We should thank him for what he has done" Yea, you cant live in the past.

He still has great passes and finishes, its just that he gotta get to those situations where he can utlilize it. Right now, his workrate off and with the ball is not enough to do that.

Messi with the workrate he had 2010 woulda scored twice as many goals, or help his teammates score, or open up space for others.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I still don't think he's 100% back to the level he was at prior to his injury. Hopefully Lucho can get him in shape again.

Ursegor

World Champion
His conditioning is hilariously bad. 60 minute Messi. :lol: I hope it's just the after effect of his injuries and Lucho's intense training methods fix him up. He spent 20 minutes doing nothing to save up energy for that 1 cross to Maxi. lol

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah his fitness level is poor. He needs to conserve his energy otherwise he is spent real soon. He has to get in a conditioning program to get back his fitness and stamina, otherwise it'll continue to deteriorate.

All those injuries and missed time last year, coupled with his reserved performances to prevent injuries have wrecked his conditioning.

F

Flavia

The thing is that his "I'm not here" distraction tactic has been figured out and it's so easy to mark him out of games these days... Then you couple that with his lack of movement and you get what he is today, a predictable player...

He is the best ever, that's why sometimes with a strike of genius he can decide matches, but I don't think asking for more involvement is too high of a standard... Two chances created in 120 minutes is nothing to celebrate despite the close and tight defensive match, that one last cross shows that he can do it if he's up to it...

Once again, we are not talking about Robben (great player, by the way), we are talking about a guy who is considered the best there ever was...

I just hope he isn't moving because he has some medical condition. I can't believe it is because he doesn't care, as he seem to care a lot.

raskolnikov

Its still weird though, he was training hard in Argentina after the injury, his bodyfat is low, he only turned 27, prime of his life and trains at a similair level as the rest of the players so why is he conditionally so much worse all of a sudden?

CatalinR10

Wow..Messi has reached the status of beeing able to do almost nothing and still get praise and "its his teammates fault"

Hes disspossesed the most of any Argentina player.

Guess thats kinda the problem even in Barcelona, noone sees the problems, or dare say anything about it. You cant criticise Messi.

"We should thank him for what he has done" Yea, you cant live in the past.

He still has great passes and finishes, its just that he gotta get to those situations where he can utlilize it. Right now, his workrate off and with the ball is not enough to do that.

Messi with the workrate he had 2010 woulda scored twice as many goals, or help his teammates score, or open up space for others.

Messi with his workrate in 2010 scored 0 goals at the world cup while he scored 4 so far being lazy. Quite funny.

Galning

So awesome that Messi made it into the World Cup final with a mediocre side and some people still find things to complain about. Loving it really.

He played on an insane level for 5 straight years, not just a three week top-notch performance like we've seen from Robben, no. Every single game he played ridiculously, a level every world class player nowadays dreams about, and guess what... he wasn't able to keep it up. Wow, I have to say I'm really shocked. I thought he would've kept going like this until his retirement. Some people still don't realise what we have seen from him. He is the best ever. His form probably won't come back. Get over it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You don't get to the peak of your conditioning just like that. He missed 100 days due to injury in 2013, and they were scattered, so he never came back and played consistently enough to regain his fitness.

He came back to full action only in January and he never really starter playing normally because he was playing tentatively and reserved for fear of injury. It's not hard to imagine why he is not in great conditioning stamina wise.

I won't speculate beyond this with illness stuff.

I

instinct

Medical condition? Calm down...

It's part of his game, as simple as that. Maybe it's a bit too much but we shouldn't exaggerate now.

He ran a lot vs Swiss, didn't he? Why didn't he have a ''medical condition'' there?

Moreover, I wonder why so many experts (Like Elber, Scholl etc.) praise this style of play while people on a forum bash him for it. He should move a bit more to get his marker in trouble but that's it. Let him do his thing. He has success with it. He brought Argentina to the final (together with Masch and Di Maria) while just walking around.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
So awesome that Messi made it into the World Cup final with a mediocre side and some people still find things to complain about. Loving it really.

He played on an insane level for 5 straight years, not just a three week top-notch performance like we've seen from Robben, no. Every single game he played ridiculously, a level every world class player nowadays dreams about, and guess what... he wasn't able to keep it up. Wow, I have to say I'm really shocked. I thought he would've kept going like this until his retirement. Some people still don't realise what we have seen from him. He is the best ever. His form probably won't come back. Get over it.

While you are right and I agree with you about Leo, I have to say that Robben plays on a world class level for several years now. Not want to compare him to Messi but he is not a one hit wonder.

Galning

While you are right and I agree with you about Leo, I have to say that Robben plays on a world class level for several years now. Not want to compare him to Messi but he is not a one hit wonder.

Still not on the level we've seen from Messi in his best days, not even close. Robben is a great player. Messi was a class above every great player season after season.

F

Flavia

Medical condition? Calm down...

It's part of his game, as simple as that. Maybe it's a bit too much but we shouldn't exaggerate now.

He ran a lot vs Swiss, didn't he? Why didn't he have a ''medical condition'' there?

Moreover, I wonder why so many experts (Like Elber, Scholl etc.) praise this style of play while people on a forum bash him for it. He should move a bit more to get his marker in trouble but that's it. Let him do his thing. He has success with it. He brought Argentina to the final (together with Masch and Di Maria) while just walking around.

Messi throwing up so constantly is not a good sign. His mobility is less than it was. Having Tata taking it easy during the 2nd half of the season also didn't help him. I hope it's just his fitness level.

I

instinct

Messi is still the best player in the world IMO. People just regard HIS performances but not the overall team performance. This is beyond annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans