10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Neymar: "I prefer that Argentina wins the World Cup. Messi deserves it for all he has done in football. He's my friend, I wish him the best"

impeh

Hi, its me..
Only Fred has covered less distance than messi after 6 games in this World Cup;

Fred: 29.3 miles
Messi: 32.3 miles
G.wijnaldum: 33.5

Then luiz and higuian, I hope he rests well after winning on Sunday :p

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi should take 2-3 months rest at least but without suarez and neymar in the beginning i don't see it happening.

N11JELKA

Neymar: "He’s won almost everything and I think he deserves to be champion and I am cheering for him to be champion” :wub:

BarcaGirl

I just came across this...

"Balague talks to the Barça medical staff and physios, who informed him that Messi has a particular condition (something to do with the blood or/and oxygen to the muscle) which allows him short bursts but makes the continuous running high risk for injuries"

maybe there is some truth to it :icon_neutral:

raskolnikov

funny how a lot of people are now labling him a world cup flop underperforming, most likely due to his last two games but still moronic.
Would be nice if they gave him a proper rest till he is completely fit, even if it takes 2/3 months, its better then him being done early april.

"Balague talks to the Barça medical staff and physios, who informed him that Messi has a particular condition (something to do with the blood or/and oxygen to the muscle) which allows him short bursts but makes the continuous running high risk for injuries"

Balague spouts bullshit all the time, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

oggmar

I don't buy that he's worn out at this point. He was the same old Messi a few months ago. This game happened mid season just a couple of months ago.

[video=vimeo;78157092]http://vimeo.com/78157092[/video]

He had that zip and spark as usual, running rings around defenders. Now he says his legs feel as if they weigh 100 kg and looks spent after 60 minutes. It's a fitness issue. Don't know why and how but he hasn't naturally declined with 27.

I agree with you. I refuse to believe Messi is in decline maybe I'm in full denial mode but I just dont believe it, not yet.

L

linetty

Stopped reading at Balauge.

Gaudi

1 month rest is enough for pro athlete, according to professional fitness coach (basketball). Games take their toll. You think one should be able to rest after let's say wednesday's game for a day and play normal in saturday...and pro athlete can. but it takes tall after a while, it just build up in your muscles. Unfortunately we don't have fit Neymar or ban free Suarez, hope that will not rush Messi back. If we had thoose 2 I would say give Messi one month, he doesn't need to start games at the beginning of the season. Then pass him through fitness training and normal team training and then put him in play....but if there are problems after that then there is something wrong.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Who knows? Maybe for the first time in his life Balauge is right this time. Messi's laziness is getting a bit awkward. he runs less than the others yet seems more tired than them all.

F

Flavia

I don't buy he lacks motivation. Not with Argentina, in a wc semifinal. It's fitness, or something else.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't buy he lacks motivation. Not with Argentina, in a wc semifinal. It's fitness, or something else.

Yep. The last thing Messi can be excused of is the lack of motivation. The man cry his heart out for Argentina. Each time I watched him cry I could not help but cry with him. You see in his face how emotional he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans