10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Has anyone thought that the board bought suarez so that they can justify selling messi in a year or two?

Both of them will probably be sold within in the next 5-6 years. Neymar might not be depending on how things go, but if Adama/munir/deu/lee/halilovic live up to potential he probably will be sold in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Both of them will probably be sold within in the next 5-6 years. Neymar might not be depending on how things go, but if Adama/munir/deu/lee/halilovic live up to potential he probably will be sold in 5 years.

I don't see the club selling Messi, ever. The only thing I could see happening is the club rescinding his contract when Leo is 34-35 so he can go play a year for Newell's Old Boys before retiring.

DinhoR10

I don't see the club selling Messi, ever. The only thing I could see happening is the club rescinding his contract when Leo is 34-35 so he can go play a year for Newell's Old Boys before retiring.

Crap I misread messi as neymar in his post never mind what I said then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell1978

I just came across this...

"Balague talks to the Barça medical staff and physios, who informed him that Messi has a particular condition (something to do with the blood or/and oxygen to the muscle) which allows him short bursts but makes the continuous running high risk for injuries"

maybe there is some truth to it :icon_neutral:

its well known that Messi has "short" muscles suited for short explosive burst but gets tired quicker then most that why the barça staff encouraged him to conserve energy at times and pick his moments when he will go full throttle

Egert

Estonian Culé
So his dad said that he is tired. But Leo, one last step to World Cup trophy! Vamos Leo! Can't wait to Sunday.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So his dad said that he is tired. But Leo, one last step to World Cup trophy! Vamos Leo! Can't wait to Sunday.

I know Guillem Balague is usually spewing bullshit, but he's claimed that the quotes from the Messi family about Leo's legs feeling like they weighed 100 kilos are fabricated.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Selling messi?! No way. But neymar not sure, if somehow adama and munir become super stars i don't see the need of neymar anymore. We will probably get more than 100M for him. But neymar was bought for future so i expect him to stay here until the end of his prime years at least. Suarez i don't think he will fulfill his contract, i can see barca selling him for 20M after 3 years. But i hope those 3 years will be worth it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
funny how a lot of people are now labling him a world cup flop underperforming, most likely due to his last two games but still moronic.
Would be nice if they gave him a proper rest till he is completely fit, even if it takes 2/3 months, its better then him being done early april.

Messi almost single-handedly carried Argentina to the semi-final, he created the most chances and had the most dribbles won out of all players and people call him a flop because he didn't score in the last two games?

4 goals and 1 assist, a flop? Haters are gonna hate.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who knows? Maybe for the first time in his life Balauge is right this time. Messi's laziness is getting a bit awkward. he runs less than the others yet seems more tired than them all.

After all he wrote the officially-sanctioned biography of Messi, didn't he?

I don't think Ballague would just make up something like this.

Busi-Messi Barca

Agree that's much more likely. Thinking we may have another six or seven years out of Leo is a nice thought. :)

Anyone know does he vomit during matches or what is the story there?

King Leo

Banned
Question to all Messi fans but first some facts:

Argentina's striking force is the deadliest in the world (yet to see it fire) and with a transformed "Impenetrable" defense as per Beckenbauer, this team is a worthy opponent
Argentina has the oldest average age in this WC
Sabela leaves after the WC
Messi has just turned 27 with many question marks around his physical status

the question is; what are Messi's chances of ever lifting the world cup if Argentina fails its mission on Sunday?

Sunday will decide many things including Messi's career with Barca in the coming years.

Last edited:

Busi-Messi Barca

Question to all Messi fans but first some facts:

Argentina's striking force is the deadliest in the world (yet to see it fire) and with a transformed "Impenetrable" defense as per Beckenbauer, this team is a worthy opponent
Argentina has the oldest average age in this WC
Sabela leaves after the WC
Messi has just turned 27 with many question marks around his physical status

the question is; what are Messi's chances of ever lifting the world cup if Argentina fails its mission on Sunday?

Sunday will decide many things including Messi's career with Barca in the coming years.

You never know there could be some Argentinian youngsters coming through to create another strong team in four years. If his physical condition can be managed then he could still be No.1 at age 31.

Chances are slim but there's hope. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans