10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Flavia,
yes I was thinking that, because it didn't make sense, but how come he has a fitness issue now? Was anything reported after the group stages? I didn't hear anything. Must be conditioning overall really, but that'd say a lot for an alleged best player in the world to be failing on his conditioning in the WC. Mascherano didn't.

That's what is worrying me. Might be some medical condition. I really don't know, but clearly something's up. He could be overspent too, from all these years playing non-stop at high level, with barely no rest.

Lomar1o

leo deserves better teammates than aguero and palacio. sadly di maria was absent. i hope suarez and neymar will take some pressure off messi's shoulders

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He's looking so sad, I can't watch this. He's not coming back as the same player after this, that's for sure :cry: .

ebc_99

The best player in the tournament. Not fully fit, double marked and poor performing teammates and he still was the best player. Any other player in similar circumstances would have got knocked out in the group stages.

V

voodoomaster

Messi is the best player I have ever seen and I Truly love him - but I fear he is done at his top level. And considering his amount of running he wont be a Barca player in two years time. You just cant be the front man for barca when you walk around.

Tell me also - Messi has won everything in club football, how can he possible be motivated to go back and succeed again? Its highly unlikely. This was it for messi - the game of his life, and he didnt deliever world class football, and his team lost.
Barca is not very interesting for him now, he knows he Will never be ranked among the greatest in Argentina and most peoples mind. He is still the greatest in my opinion though.

BarcaGirl

I had to turn off the TV, he looked so sad. :(

I hope he can overcome this asap, but I'm so worried about his health right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans