10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Health issues don't solve themselves, final or not. They get worse and worse over time. They need to get the best doctor around and solve it.

messid10s

He had his chance to win it in normal time hopefully that won't haunt him forever.

Argentina's main problem is they don't have an Iniesta type figure which forces Messi to play deeper and takes him away from goalscoring positions.

There's definitely a fitness issue whether he's not been training as hard or is declining time will tell.

He has 1 last chance to win the world cup IMO but it's impossible to predict so far ahead of time.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
He had his chance to win it in normal time hopefully that won't haunt him forever.

Argentina's main problem is they don't have an Iniesta type figure which forces Messi to play deeper and takes him away from goalscoring positions.

There's definitely a fitness issue whether he's not been training as hard or is declining time will tell.

He has 1 last chance to win the world cup IMO but it's impossible to predict so far ahead of time.
Di Maria was missed basically, and horrible horrible subs.

BrazilFan

I don't think he played that bad IMO. His team-mates were shit. Surprisingly the backline wasn't an issue. It was the "star studded" attack. Too much Messi dependence.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around

They had that kind of player in Di Maria. I think they would've won with him.

El Gato

Villarato!
Look who comes crawling out of his cave.... a Madrid fan!

I don't give a toss Messi lost. Argentina were better this game. This whole WC was the battle of average half-exciting teams. If you want Messi to win it just for the sake of putting it onto his resume then I wish he did. Surely you don't want to discuss these things right about now, do you?

Flavia,
yes I was thinking that, because it didn't make sense, but how come he has a fitness issue now? Was anything reported after the group stages? I didn't hear anything. Must be conditioning overall really, but that'd say a lot for an alleged best player in the world to be failing on his conditioning in the WC. Mascherano didn't.

Mitchell1978

Give over, Cruyff didn't win it either. There is only so much an individual can do in a team sport. He is only 27 and could have another 2 chances to win in, look at Klose he is 35 and started the final.

He is the greatest player I have ever seen.

This. He deserved it, but a player should not be judged and a one month tournament that happens once every 4 years. Di Stefano is a top 5 player of all time and he never even played at the World Cup.

Maybe things could have been different had he been in top form or had Di Maria and Aguero been fit. But that sports, the best team won in the end.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Thinks it's obvious he wasn't saving himself. He has a problem, be it fitness or a health one.

It has to be something like that. He also keeps loosing the ball, he doesn't have that killer edge, passion etc etc etc.

NotInHere

Whatever I guess, hopefully Messi gets back on track and triumphs with Barcelona.

We have one hell of a team in terms of attack, should be exciting

dakt

I just hope it won't affect him much. Leo is the GOAT no matter what. It was a thin line.
He deserved the cup for everything he has done through his career. Vamos Messi!

Neymessi

I will summarize this as well as I can

Messi is the world's best player of his time without a shred of doubt.I never needed him winning the WC to prove that he is the best.Only the most talented player could bring such a shite team like argie to the finals and he did.I just hope he does not lose his motivation and underperforms next season with us.

Yugi

Thank you Lionel, you were imperial even when your physical condition is in shambles
You are the best ever to play football and whatever these guys say about you doesn´t matter, you are up there with the kings of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans