10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

I will summarize this as well as I can

Messi is the world's best player of his time without a shred of doubt.I never needed him winning the WC to prove that he is the best.Only the most talented player could bring such a shite team like argie to the finals and he did.I just hope he does not lose his motivation and underperforms next season with us.

Yeah, that is also my biggest fear. He won everything there is except this...it would be hard to motivate such player.
No matter how much i love him, slow downfall is inevitable.

xxxxxx

If I was Messi I would retire from that crap side.

Aguero was truly terrible, Higuain was awful, Palacio is awful..... no Di Maria. And the manager hasn't got a clue how to change the system to attack or how to keep possession.

NotInHere

That's what is worrying me. Might be some medical condition. I really don't know, but clearly something's up. He could be overspent too, from all these years playing non-stop at high level, with barely no rest.
yeah the human body can only take so much, Messi is not god. It was bound to caught up to him for all those magical years he gave us.

Now the question we should ask ourselves, does he keep slowly declining?

oggmar

He wasn't the best. He played well but not over Robben, James

James, you mean the guy that didn't even make it out of the quarterfinals?

And regarding Messi vs Robben, I think robben might have a case for it, then again Messi deserves it aswell.

messid10s

No matter what happens for the rest of his career Leo proved to the world he can perform in an Argentina shirt. No one player can win a world cup single handedly Maradona didn't, Argentina wouldn't have gotten out of the group stages if not for Leo. Maybe he'll win in Russia maybe not but he tried his best with what was an unbalanced team and came so close and that's all really anyone can ask.

Messi_Goal

PLEASE READ.
I am an honest guy and say what I believe.
Messi is my favorite ever player and I am pissed off he never won the world cup............
Semi final and final Messi wasn't good enough and didn't deserve to win the world cup.
They might be a story to tell regarding his form and ground covered in a game but he ultimately failed.

Its hard to give an honest opinion without people taking it the wrong way.
I honestly think he gave it his all but his fitness is obviously a problem he looks out on his feet after 50+minutes who knows why.

Greatest ever player not to win the world cup?.......Probably.

I'm going to end on a bomb shell...Messi is 27 and I think he is past his best and should reinvent himself as the best ever midfielder like an Inesita type role.

Don't hate its just my honest opinion....Messi is still the best ever player in my opinion.

Last edited:

dakt

Messi is the best player I have ever seen and I Truly love him - but I fear he is done at his top level. And considering his amount of running he wont be a Barca player in two years time. You just cant be the front man for barca when you walk around.

Tell me also - Messi has won everything in club football, how can he possible be motivated to go back and succeed again? Its highly unlikely. This was it for messi - the game of his life, and he didnt deliever world class football, and his team lost.
Barca is not very interesting for him now, he knows he Will never be ranked among the greatest in Argentina and most peoples mind. He is still the greatest in my opinion though.

Yep, I also don't see how could he pull any motivation for Barca. Some of his teammates are leaving, he won everything there is for the club.
Fuk...I doubt we'll come across such player in our lifetime.
:cry:

Irish_Cules

The voting shouldn't be done before the final. If Argentina won tonight then he would have deserved it.

I feel really sorry for him. He'll never have a chance as good as this to win the World Cup. After this though, I think he has become accepted in his homeland finally. They know that they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the final without him.

B

beautifulgame

PLEASE READ.
Messi is my favorite ever player and I am pissed off he never won the world cup............
Semi final and final Messi wasn't good enough and didn't deserve to win the world cup.
They might be a story to tell regarding his form and ground covered in a game but he ultimately failed.

I honestly think he gave it his all but his fitness is obvious a problem he looks out on his feet after 50+minutes who knows why.

I'm going to end on a bomb shell...Messi is 27 and I think he is past his best and should reinvent himself as the best ever midfielder like an Inesita type role.

Don't hate its just my honest opinion....Messi is still the best ever player in my opinion.

^^^

MessiNeymar

Anyone have any clue about why he keeps gettign sick btw?

Its really bad to see him be dizzy and throwing up on the pitch and mix that in with the disappointment of losign a WC I am starting to worry if he will recover

MessiNeymar

PLEASE READ.

I honestly think he gave it his all but his fitness is obvious a problem he looks out on his feet after 50+minutes who knows why.

I agree except him re-inventing himself, he just needs to re-motivate himself after the toughest defeat of his life and sort out ALL his health issues(mainly the vomiting) because it is taking a toll on him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans