10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell1978

He's empty. Talent is still there, freshness totally gone. It has nothing to do with stamina or training either. For me, he just has nothing left in the tank.

Still was Argentina's best player and arguably the best player in the final but he looks empty to me.

Exactly, a lot of people here don't understand the pressure he was on, the expectation he has to live up too every time. A lot of people don't understand what it takes to get yourself in condition to excell at a sport every 3/4 days.

Even the greatest competitor i ever saw Michael Jordan was mentally exhaused after his first three peat and quit his sport for 1,5 year.

BarcaGirl

Sometimes I'd just wish, he could take a 1year break from football. He's physically, mentally & emotionally drained. I fear for him :(

MessiNeymar

Messi gave 23 key passes in this World Cup, only one was scored. Maradona gave 27 key passes in the 1986 WC, 5 of them were scored !

Says it all

Alot of talk of his walking in this match, in truth this was a much better game from him then the semi-finals, he was inches away to score, had 2 or 3 really good runs, was much more involved in the game (taken into account how little Argentina had the ball offensivley), actually i Think he was the best on the pitch today save Bastian Sweinsteiger (sp?)

Mitchell1978

Sometimes I'd just wish, he could take a 1year break from football. He's physically, mentally & emotionally drained. I fear for him :(

a year is a lot but i agree, he looks very tired

even this season, a season where he has missed almost 3 months of injuries he ended up playing 57 games (40 already in 2014)

aki13

Some of the overreacting in this thread when Messi doesn't win a game is embarrassing.

and some of the denial on this thread is also embarrassing. He is still great, but only in flashes and he clearly has some issues. You must see that.

He should forget about the wc asap.

Easier said than done.

He's empty. Talent is still there, freshness totally gone. It has nothing to do with stamina or training either. For me, he just has nothing left in the tank.

Still was Argentina's best player and arguably the best player in the final but he looks empty to me.

I agree with this. I think after this ideally he could do with 2 or 3 months off, but he wont get it and I worry about him really. He should be fitter than this. He has Copa America next year so that's another summer without rest.

I wonder if Leo himself would like a fresh start and to release all the pressure he has been under. 2014 he has been the sole player looked too by Barca & Argentina to win games himself.

I wonder if a move might be best for HIM personally as much as it would suck for Barca. It all seems a bit stale now.

One thing is for sure, he needs to see doctors and trainers and work out a way to get himself fitter and more involved.

Richard.H

Call me nuts but I think both barca and messi could benefit from him taking a long break. The guy looks absolutely exhausted and just not in full fitness. He needs about a year off to spend some time with his family and enjoy some other hobbies.

I want to see the messi of 2011-2012 again. This is the best plan for it to happen.

aki13

This. Maybe Barca should loan him to Newells for a season

then he could still play but at a slower pace and relax in his hometown

Cule4life

The Culest
If you're right in your judgment, I could tell you the cure of that, but if I say it, the entire forum would jump on my head. It starts with the letter "s".

Another season like the past one and i will agree with you. But first Lucho needs to be authoritative and tell him to get his shit together. Lets see him under a strict coach until we talk about the "s" word

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Danny Bowes ‏@bybowes 34m
Maybe if Messi starts railing blow, gaining weight, and underperforming at his club he'll be as beloved in Argentina as Maradona.

I lol'd hard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans