10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The 'S' word still wont make sense. Messi with his supposedly average last season was still our best or atleast top 3 players.

Some of you need a loooooong break.

Busi-Messi Barca

I wish we could rest him for 2-3 months. I think he really needs it. When is he rejoining Barça?

Yeah he is exhausted. Start of October would be time enough to bring him back. He should put himself first on this and not Barca.

Something is very wrong with Messi, when are we gonna get to know what's REALLY going on? He can't be just tired, there are other players as well that play as many matches etc, and they can still run...

he looks exhausted. Physically drained. At least that is what I hope it is because then he can recover with rest.

If you're right in your judgment, I could tell you the cure of that, but if I say it, the entire forum would jump on my head. It starts with the letter "s".

Sell a player because he is exhausted?!

If he had rest then any other health issue can also be treated. You can't do that when he is struggling to perform every week. Barca should have addressed this last year after his injury.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The 'S' word still wont make sense. Messi with his supposedly average last season was still our best or atleast top 3 players.

Finally some sense in this thread. Some hotheads and knee-jerks here really need to calm the fuck down.

Henry_IB

Banned
I feel sorry for him. This was his chance to match Pele and Dona, possibly even exceed them in the eyes of many. I still hold him as #1 but because of not wining the WC I don't think he'll go down in history as #1 according to most.

Also, this WC has proven that there's some serious health issue with him, if he doesn't find the motivation to run in a WC semi-final and final, nothing will.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Top players have started to decline sooner than expected, but for other reasons like laziness. It might happen to leo because of the insane pressure and physical demands.

Thankfully we have Neymar and luis to take some pressure off him. It will be good for him too.

Paganinisrvnge

I'm heartbroken that he lost today but the truth is that anyone with brains knows Germany had way more talent. Only idiots and casuals would judge Messi solely on world cups. If he takes this completely new look Barcelona to Champions League glory; he's without a shadow of a doubt the GOAT. I hope he comes back with fire this season.

serghei

Another season like the past one and i will agree with you. But first Lucho needs to be authoritative and tell him to get his shit together. Lets see him under a strict coach until we talk about the "s" word

Fair enough. I just hope Lucho will stick to his principles and not treat Messi differently. The days when everyone looked at Messi and prayed for him to do some magic are gone IMO, at least at the very top level.

Fix the team and Messi will follow. As part of the team. Whatever problems Barca had last season, Messi had them too. The change must involve everyone at the club. Even the fitness preparators, the doctors etc.

mazp

Call me nuts but I think both barca and messi could benefit from him taking a long break. The guy looks absolutely exhausted and just not in full fitness. He needs about a year off to spend some time with his family and enjoy some other hobbies.

I want to see the messi of 2011-2012 again. This is the best plan for it to happen.

Yeah, that's not happening. Question though. When did Messi become one of the most hated players on twitter/internet? Shocking to see, people actively wanting him to fail and/or happy he failed. Was it when Pep left? The tide turned

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No matter what happens for the rest of his career Leo proved to the world he can perform in an Argentina shirt. No one player can win a world cup single handedly Maradona didn't, Argentina wouldn't have gotten out of the group stages if not for Leo. Maybe he'll win in Russia maybe not but he tried his best with what was an unbalanced team and came so close and that's all really anyone can ask.

This. Haters will hate him no matter what, not winning the WC just gave their stupid argument more legitimacy than it really has.

He did well today. Consider he is not at his best condition-wise, he had a superb World Cup. His fans and neutral fans won't like him less because he didn't win the WC.

Really gutted though, it will take me months, until our new season starts to get over this loss today.

Just hope he will sort out his health issue and return with a bang for us.

All his haters can go to hell.

Cule4life

The Culest

As i said the "s" word can be talked about only if Messi has another season like this. To write him off now is stupid but its possible(I hope to God not) that he just doesnt have anything left in the tank anymore. Sad to say but it happens to the best of them (ala Ronny). Lets just hope he proves us all wrong and wins us the CL next year to soothe his pain

Last edited:

MagIX

Messi gave 23 key passes in this World Cup, only one was scored. Maradona gave 27 key passes in the 1986 WC, 5 of them were scored !

Says it all

imo we shlould give up to compare him to Maradona and his WC 86.
It's not that winning a WC means this player is better than that player. Otherwiese every player (Maradona, Cruijff, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Di Stefano,.......) is weak compared to Pele who won 3 WC. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans