10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Balotelli is just a moron and that's why people hate him. Diego is actually funny and also had quality in the pitch, he'd have a massive cult following I think especially from young men.

I'm not saying everyone would hate him. I'm talking about media smear campaigns, and hating thru social media. Like Messi is getting now, for absolutely no reason.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah. I don't get the hate for Messi though because guys like Iniesta and Schweini are universally liked, while Messi gets hated on. Messi is just as nice as those guys...

Kerrybai

Even if Messi does win it or some other trophies internationally people will pick Maradona. The older generation because of sentimentality and the younger because of everything they were told.

Just give it 30 years. When the older generation is gone it will be the current generation calling the shots and saying Messi is the best. Maradona's generation won't be around to support him.

Yeah. I don't get the hate for Messi though because guys like Iniesta and Schweini are universally liked, while Messi gets hated on. Messi is just as nice as those guys...

Everyone hates the guy on the top.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Just give it 30 years. When the older generation is gone it will be the current generation calling the shots and saying Messi is the best. Maradona's generation won't be around to support him.

Yeah. I mean hardly anyone says Pele is the GOAT now for example.

Egert

Estonian Culé
2h71jzo.jpg

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We will probably have to wait 20 years to hear most people talk in an unbiased way of Messi.
When he retires and we witness another generation where there is no player coming close to his record and to his abilities, only then everyone will realize that Leo was one of a kind.
I am glad I am allowed to watch him play. Especially for my club.

Was so sad he did not win the cup. Love you Leo.

Bertus

We will probably have to wait 20 years to hear most people talk in an unbiased way of Messi.
When he retires and we witness another generation where there is no player coming close to his record and to his abilities, only then everyone will realize that Leo was one of a kind.
I am glad I am allowed to watch him play. Especially for my club.

Was so sad he did not win the cup. Love you Leo.

That's too bold and shortsighted. Really you never know.

In tennis people thought the same with Federer and probably before federer with guys like Sampras.

And now we have Djoko and Nadal. And some interesting youngsters.

You can't say for sure there won't be at least as good players as messi or ronaldo in the span of 20 years from now.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
That's too bold or shortsighted. Really you never know.

In tennis people thought the same with Federer and probably before federer with guys like Sampras.

And now we have Djoko and Nadal. And some interesting youngsters.

You can't say for sure there won't be at least as good players as messi or ronaldo in the span of 20 years from now.

You right of course. Should have formulated the sentence differently.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi: "We went to Brazil with many doubts, but we came back stronger than ever. We will keep on working hard to bring joy to the country."
Messi: "We gave absolutely everything, but it wasn't enough to win the cup. But we think that, maybe, we still gave the fans some joy." #arg

Copa America here we come.

I

instinct

Mats Hummels: “Messi is dangerous. I think he's the best in the world. He was tough for us.” [efe]

MagIX

I don't think any of you should downplay Maradona's World Cup as it was the greatest individual performance at the tournament in history, but the myth comes from the idea that it was only him who performed while everyone else was shit.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans