10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

BshogHaCUAEJzCu.jpg:large

I'm so glad he's looking so much better today. The reception they got was really touching, the argentinians gave them a really warm welcome :)

Kohe321

Indeed! Looking back at it, I think he feels proud to have come so far as a final and to give the Germans such an even game. They could easily have won it. He really has all the reason in the world to feel proud, it's a great achievement for him and the team.

Now I really can't wait to watch him and the rest of the gang in Barcelona next season! So happy Mascherano is staying as well :)

Paganinisrvnge

How many of the people saying Messi didn't deserve the golden ball watched at least half of the world cup matches? I watched at least three matches of each player nominated and the only player who had a case was James and he got knocked out too early. I'll analyze more later tonight in a more detailed post.

Adversus

I never saw Pele but those that did like my dad still think he was the greatest and you can't argue with his record.

Messi is a fantastic player so saying he won't go down as the greatest isn't hating on him it's just my oppion from being able to watch both him and Messi play.

As for different eras, today it's easier for attacking players to play as they are protected far more.

Kerrybai

I never saw Pele but those that did like my dad still think he was the greatest and you can't argue with his record.

Messi is a fantastic player so saying he won't go down as the greatest isn't hating on him it's just my oppion from being able to watch both him and Messi play.

As for different eras, today it's easier for attacking players to play as they are protected far more.

Today's attackers also face defenders who are faster, smarter, stronger and far better organised. Football has evolved an awful lot since the 80's. I wouldn't say a tennis player from the 80's is as good as this generations greats, the same goes for other sports too.

The amount of money spent on cultivating today's footballers has made the playing field much harder. Protection is the only thing the makes it easier, everything else makes it harder.

Pele was the best of his generation, Maradona and Messi are the best of theirs, but to put Messi above Maradona completely ignores how much the game has evolved.

L

linetty

Today it's harder for attacking players to play because defenses are far more organised and agressive.

Heavy

most Brazilians still do, for me i never considered Maradonna greater then Pele
Yep.

As professionals both Pele and Messi are beasts delivering even at their worst, while Maradona is worse than Suarez, talent wise they are in the same league but I would pick Messi or Pele for the same price any day.

His attack partners were garbage or injured this wc and he was creating everything, much more deserved prize than the one zidane got.

Kerrybai

Yep.

As professionals both Pele and Messi are beasts delivering even at their worst, while Maradona is worse than Suarez, talent wise they are in the same league but I would pick Messi or Pele for the same price any day.

His attack partners were garbage or injured this wc and he was creating everything, much more deserved prize than the one zidane got.

Maradona is easily better than Pele. Pele played in an era that was still largely amateur. For me it's Maradona and Messi as the 2 best.

Heavy

Attackers also get better training, instructions, nutrition, etc, not just the defenders.
Pele is like Cr7 with more game intelligence and better moves. Messi is like Maradona could have been if he applied himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans