10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

Although I don't think Messi deserved it, we should be more worried about him finding his form again than about this trophy.

blaugrana1987

So first Maradona now Kempes. Seemed to me Argies(his team mates and fans) gave him lots of love but this BS from these two seriously needs to stop.

Kempes, while respecting what he has done, can STFU! Maradona too! This drugged out fool along with Arg FA fucked up his best chance for winning tournament 4yrs ago.

They along with entire world put so much pressure on the boy that it was never realistic to expect Maradonesque perfomance against that kind of Germany. Neither of the two would do any better.

Messi seriously needs all the support he can get, and then get back on the track of proving the haters wrong.

DinhoR10

Wow, this "he didn't deserved it" talk is still going strong. Can we get pass this idiotic subject?

Its not often you get a chance to tear down messi, Kempes and Maradona know that he's better than they were so they're probably happy he didn't win and they get the oppurtunity to jump on the bandwagon to say he didn't perform well without seeming like douchebags. But when the dust settles and he has 10 Ligas, 7 Champions leagues and 8 Balon 'Dors to his name, the World will recognize him as the best ever.

On another note I hope this Messi hate doesnt affect his Balon 'Dor next year, He should win it.

NotInHere

More hard talk at Messi. This smear campaign is picking up momentum. Even those remote voices like Mario Kempes have joined the crime.

“I think that Messi wasn’t up to standard during the World Cup. He may have scored four goals in the first few games but I don’t believe he showed he was the best player in the world by the end of the tournament.”
he is saying the truth though, how is that hate towards Messi?

But let me add that Kempes works for ESPN Deportes, his kinda lika an analyst and you never really hear him give Messi praise at all, but now that I thought about it Kempes might have a hidden agenda when it comes to Messi, maybe jealosy?

Last edited:

DinhoR10

he is saying the truth though, how is that hate towards Messi?

He may not have been up to his standard of 2012, but he was still better than everyone else when he turned it on, no one in this tournament could have scored the goals, made the passes, or dribbles that Messi did, but because its Messi, he should've done better.

Kerrybai

I've always defended Messi but It was clear to me that he was not at his best. He had a good tournament but he is clearly suffering from fatigue. I think his injuries screwed with his stamina. Having said that he still had a very good World Cup, it was unfortunate that Aguero and Higuain were unfit and played like dog s***. It was even more unfortunate that Di Maria got injured. The only thing Messi could have done better was move more off the ball but I think he's unfit.

He needs a good run without injuries to get back to his peak.

Regarding the Golden Ball I see no problem with him getting it. Did Kahn deserve it over Ronaldo in 2002? Was Forland really better than Sneijder in 2010? Romario over Baggio 94?

It's always been a fairly arbitrary award. This year more than ever it was going to be very random because there was no stand out player. No one stood out enough to be a clear winner so... Messi I think 'deserved' it as much as the next guy.

dakt

Its not often you get a chance to tear down messi, Kempes and Maradona know that he's better than they were so they're probably happy he didn't win and they get the oppurtunity to jump on the bandwagon to say he didn't perform well without seeming like douchebags. But when the dust settles and he has 10 Ligas, 7 Champions leagues and 8 Balon 'Dors to his name, the World will recognize him as the best ever.

On another note I hope this Messi hate doesnt affect his Balon 'Dor next year, He should win it.

Maradona as ex drug addict and current prick doesn't hold any value for me. If he was supportive he would at least say nothing and not trash Messi for getting that stupid award.
Maybe he would love Messi if he were to get fat and start sniffing powder.

DinhoR10

Maradona as ex drug addict and current prick doesn't hold any value for me. If he was supportive he would at least say nothing and not trash Messi for getting that stupid award.
Maybe he would love Messi if he were to get fat and start sniffing powder.

Don't forget cheat, everytime someone tells me Messi needs a world cup to be above Maradona I say, Maradona doesn't have a world cup either. Its the same with Pele, both of them don't like him because they know if he's already being called in the same breath as them now, when he hangs up his boots he may stand above them.

Regarding the Golden Ball I see no problem with him getting it. Did Kahn deserve it over Ronaldo in 2002? Was Forland really better than Sneijder in 2010? Romario over Baggio 94?

It's always been a fairly arbitrary award. This year more than ever it was going to be very random because there was no stand out player. No one stood out enough to be a clear winner so... Messi I think 'deserved' it as much as the next guy.

This. Disagreeing with him getting the award is one thing, acting like it's a goddamn crime is another.

Gaudi

To say Messi is bad you must be delusional, even with one leg he tops 90% of players and without running alsmot everyone, but also not to recognize he has some problems (health - worse, or lack of fitness - better solution) with stamina is also delusional.
Unfortunately, today's football is football of power and strength, even without any running Messi would be king in 70's but today that is a must. Fitness and stamina is no longer optional it is a base for everything else.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Why does no one comment on how messi is playing as a traditional 10 in argentina as well?
He is sooooo good that he performs at that level on a non familiar position while he's fatigued.
I mean, do the people that criticize him know no shame?

I'd like to see all these other world cup stars play another position and achieve similar results.

And then there is also the worst kind of people, miserable, vile people that keep saying that messi doesn't run/care when it's obvious he has health/fitness problems and judge him for this.

F

Flavia

I've always defended Messi but It was clear to me that he was not at his best. He had a good tournament but he is clearly suffering from fatigue. I think his injuries screwed with his stamina. Having said that he still had a very good World Cup, it was unfortunate that Aguero and Higuain were unfit and played like dog s***. It was even more unfortunate that Di Maria got injured. The only thing Messi could have done better was move more off the ball but I think he's unfit.

He needs a good run without injuries to get back to his peak.

Good point. People eventually forget who got this award. If muller got it, no one would be complaining james should've won it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans