10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackaL

A)
https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/488976321171959808/photo/1

B) Jumping on the bandwagon is so easy. This guy is the one that calls himself the football journalist hipster, together with Sid Low they have this football talk that lasts a couple of minutes on youtube. Look at the picture, 3 of the guys are already turning away, Biglia and Messi are two of them. To me it looks like Masch's motivation talk was already over. But it is better to upload the picture / retweet it, as it fits to the story perfectly. Having an original opinion / thought is rare these days. While it was always clear that Masch was the leader in persona and Messi the leader in the game, they tend to stretch the story. I too believe that a captain should have the ability to lead his team by motivating them with talks / tackles / attitude / strength. Just as Puyol always did. Therefore, I think whether Ronaldo nor Messi should be captains, they lead there team in the game by their genius not their leadership skills! There are leaders and there are thought leaders in the world! Incredible, how media wants to rip Messi apart... Hope his answer is another record breaking season.

https://twitter.com/filippomricci/statuses/488977432293441537

abual3bed1

Yeah, I saw that picture over and over on twitter. I just love how people are looking for any tiny shit to belittle Messi. It could be annoying if you don't like your loved ones criticized. I, myslef, enjoy see people talking shit about Leo on social media. Specially after the Ronaldo kiss-ass campaign that started around the time when Bd'O vote was extended.

Paganinisrvnge

Robben - Why is there this myth that Robben was vastly superior to Messi? He had an exceptional group stage and scored all three of his goals in the first two matches. He spent the majority of his time in the knockout rounds looking for penalties and when Argentina gave him the attention Messi ALWAYS gets, he completely disappeared. Messi had the same amount of man of the match awards, one more goal, same assists, more dribbles, more chances created, and made the final. So the only reason people are all over Robben is because they want to be hipsters. The only player who was legitimately the best but knocked out too early was James.

serghei

Robben - Why is there this myth that Robben was vastly superior to Messi? He had an exceptional group stage and scored all three of his goals in the first two matches. He spent the majority of his time in the knockout rounds looking for penalties and when Argentina gave him the attention Messi ALWAYS gets, he completely disappeared. Messi had the same amount of man of the match awards, one more goal, same assists, more dribbles, more chances created, and made the final. So the only reason people are all over Robben is because they want to be hipsters. The only player who was legitimately the best but knocked out too early was James.

Robben had just the same downgrade in his performances after the game vs Mexico as Messi had after the game vs Switzerland (his best at this WC). In fact, there wasn't one player who I could say was head and shoulders above the rest. Not Messi, not Robben, not Rodriguez, not Muller. Not anyone. All had at least one bad/mediocre game. Let's not forget that Germany went into extra time with Algeria for Christ's sake! It was an odd World Cup, that's for sure.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
When I talked about anti-messi campaign,months ago, people like Jamdev and others made a mockery of this and did not believe me at all.

- Today we have another example. Disgusting and pathetic everyday from Spanish media.

Spanish:
BslaFTzCQAA-OZ6.jpg:large

English:
BslPruxIgAAtOQd.png:large

Last edited:

khorne

that people are having a go at messi because he was given an award is really beyond the normal idiocy. He doesn't even want the damn thing for crying out loud!

I think that both throughout the tournament and the final, messi played exactly like he played for barca the entire season - not better and not worse. That's his level right now, and both haters and fanboys should deal with that.

The one thing i will say though, i just saw the highlights again and that last freekick in the 120th...it's a really good position for a cross in, you can throw even romero and the kitchen sink at them and he takes it directly from 30 m with bloody neuer between the posts. I mean, come on, fuck the glory, just create the best opportunity for your team.

King Leo

Banned
It's clear to me now there IS CLEAR smear campaign against Messi. The amount of chatter about him not running enough is one indication. Then the loss at the WC final and how he doesn't compare to Maradona and Pele then the crap about how he didn't deserve the stupid award.

malvolio

argentina wouldn't have made the final if it wasn't for messi. even so, they had an easy road until the semis. they had only two in-form players going into the tournament - di maria and zabaleta. the rest were either coming from small teams, reserve bench of big teams or out of form/injured.

they played a midfield of biglia and perez ffs! messi was their primary playmaker and he delivered in that role.

Chong Li

When I talked about anti-messi campaign,months ago, people like Jamdev and others made a mockery of this and did not believe me at all.

- Today we have another example. Disgusting and pathetic everyday from Spanish media.

Spanish:
BslaFTzCQAA-OZ6.jpg:large

English:
BslPruxIgAAtOQd.png:large

Hopefully the club will take legal action against this?

King Leo

Banned
More hard talk at Messi. This smear campaign is picking up momentum. Even those remote voices like Mario Kempes have joined the crime.

“I think that Messi wasn’t up to standard during the World Cup. He may have scored four goals in the first few games but I don’t believe he showed he was the best player in the world by the end of the tournament.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans