10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Disgusting Blatter, publicly taking a swipe at Messi, saying that he was surprised that it was Messi who collected the Golden Ball award. Who the hell would not have surprised him? Should they have flown in James and Robben to make Blatter happy?

And shameless ESPN FC, the headquarters of hate propaganda ans smear campaign directed at Messi. Lost count of how many snippets of videos featuring garbage "experts" expressing their "expertly" views on how undeserving Messi was.

Fuck, who the hell deserve it then? James? Golden Ball is not the same as Golden Boot. Robben? He was a beast, his dives resulted in two goals scored. Perhaps they should create a Golden Pond award for that? Mueller?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Disgusting Blatter, publicly taking a swipe at Messi, saying that he was surprised that it was Messi who collected the Golden Ball award. Who the hell would not have surprised him? Should they have flown in James and Robben to make Blatter happy?

And shameless ESPN FC, the headquarters of hate propaganda ans smear campaign directed at Messi. Lost count of how many snippets of videos featuring garbage "experts" expressing their "expertly" views on how undeserving Messi was.

Fuck, who the hell deserve it then? James? Golden Ball is not the same as Golden Boot. Robben? He was a beast, his dives resulted in two goals scored. Perhaps they should create a Golden Pond award for that? Mueller?

:lol: :lol:

King Leo

Banned
Messi is now an experienced player and he knows the politics of Barca more than any other club. Rosell and the gold-diggers didn't help much in defending Messi's image over the tax issue.

Barcas board likes Messi to:

1. demand less
2. retain enough quality to cash on him
3. allow the spotlight to shine on Nike boy
4. have lesser popularity among cules
5. be less accepting of the new environment

those are the parameters and have what takes to make it happen. Messi's current shape will feed more rumours about him being burned out, that he's tied the team around himself and we need to move on... you will hear more of this stuff I bet.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Blatter is right. Muller should have won the Golden Ball and Messi the World Cup. Something just went terribly wrong in the final. I understand he's surprised. I am too.

King Leo

Banned

That's pure politics. Blatter OK'ed the golden ball to Messi, then he comes out in public to take himself out from the matter. As if Messi stole the stupid ball, or cried like CR7 always does to get attention. Football is not what it used to be. In fact it will get much worse in the coming 8 years. This is all because of money!!! Media creates lies, false heros. Hell how on earth did the masses accept Qatar to host a world cup? Public relation campaigns, banks, Mega news outlets like BeIN, and ESPN decide that for you. They tell you who's the best, who you should like, who you should hate etc.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Blatter is just old, grumpy and senile. It's truly amazing how he still is the president of FIFA. Just go ahead and retire already.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wish Messi would just send that stupid trophy back to Blatter, to hell with Blatter and all the haters!

I 'd say Blatter has the most punchable face of everyone on this planet.

Paganinisrvnge

Let's analyze the golden ball candidates. Let me know if I missed any.

Neymar - Good vs Croatia but scored a penalty that never should've been. Good vs Mexico but Ochoa denied him. I didn't watch the Cameroon match. Vs Chile he wasn't his best and vs Colombia he was completely shut down by the experience of Yepes and a way too physical match which sadly ended his world cup.

Lahm - Capatained the world cup winners but didn't get to shine until he returned to Rb. He made some poor mistakes when in midfield.

Kroos -Only really stood out with a lonely performance against a dreadful Brazil.

Muller- Did what he does best. Play decently well but always get into the right place for tap ins so he gets overhyped. He's like the new Klose.

Hummels -For me the most consistent German and he had some crucial goals to go with his immaculate defending most of the time. FIFA would never give it to a cb unless he was outrageously good and people would've complained, anyway.

James - Should've been the star of the tournament but was cynically fouled by Fernandinho without the ref reprimanding him. Goal of the tournament vs Uruguay and another genius goal vs Japan along with overall brilliant play. He got knocked out in the quarterfinals though and you essentially have to finish top 4 to even be considered for the award.

James - Should've been the star of the tournament but was cynically fouled by Fernandinho without the ref reprimanding him. Goal of the tournament vs Uruguay and another genius goal vs Japan along with overall brilliant play. He got knocked out in the quarterfinals though and you essentially have to finish top 4 to even be considered for the award.

He deserved the Golden Ball more than Messi.

Paganinisrvnge

He deserved the Golden Ball more than Messi.

Keylor Navas deserved the golden glove more than Neuer too but winning these awards takes into account how far they were able to take their teams. If James got past Brazil he could've been the clear golden boot and golden ball. Brazil would've been saved from the v humiliation. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans