Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

BysvnrEIUAE8CZL.jpg

:lol:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If you increase a 1 or 2 goal lead, it is certainly no stat padding. A 2:0, 3:1, 4:2 or 3:0, 4:1 are important goals and can decide a game.
Stat padding would be the 4:0 and 6:0 vs Granada e.g.

footyfan

Calma, calma
The thing is, I'd say most of the time Barca are winning because of a goal he has already scored/created.

Yeah that's certainly true, but you have to assume that's the case with the other great goalscorers too, just by nature of how many goals they score.

Even if they were involved in a goal that put their team in a winning position, the goals that just increase the margin of victory are still stat-padding.

If you increase a 1 or 2 goal lead, it is certainly no stat padding. A 2:0, 3:1, 4:2 or 3:0, 4:1 are important goals and can decide a game.
Stat padding would be the 4:0 and 6:0 vs Granada e.g.

Fair enough, it's a pretty arbitrary line to choose what's statpadding and what's not, not to mention there are other factors that could play into the in-game situation, which is why this is not the be-all and end-all of analysis. Just gives a rough estimate.

Although from your point, I'd argue that increasing a 2 goal lead IS statpadding. And Messi's ratio there is at 25% of all goals.

DinhoR10

Yeah that's certainly true, but you have to assume that's the case with the other great goalscorers too, just by nature of how many goals they score.

Even if they were involved in a goal that put their team in a winning position, the goals that just increase the margin of victory are still stat-padding.

Fair enough, it's a pretty arbitrary line to choose what's statpadding and what's not, not to mention there are other factors that could play into the in-game situation, which is why this is not the be-all and end-all of analysis. Just gives a rough estimate.

Although from your point, I'd argue that increasing a 2 goal lead IS statpadding. And Messi's ratio there is at 25% of all goals.

But is it stat padding if he scored the first 2 goals himself? :lol:

Caps

If Lucho gets iniesta to set him up more then im sure he'll score alot more.

He'll also score more with Suarez. That will be too late to influence ballon d'or but who cares.

Its not like 1 good performace in 1 game will decide it, is it? :pep:

ebc_99

Since when have people been predicting only 30 goals for Messi? This guy is the greatest finisher in history, he will double that number.

Irish_Cules

Since when have people been predicting only 30 goals for Messi? This guy is the greatest finisher in history, he will double that number.

Ye I think this talk of him scoring less is premature. He has scored quite regularly so far and its not like him dropping deep and giving assists is a new addition to his game, although the forwards playing narrower does help him in this regard. He'll still have numerous games where he scores 3+ goals and I fully expect him to be close to Ronaldo in terms of goals at the end of the season. It's hard to say who will score more but all that matters really though is who's team does better.

blaugrana1987

He'll also score more with Suarez. That will be too late to influence ballon d'or but who cares.

Its not like 1 good performace in 1 game will decide it, is it? :pep:
Exactly on contrary. Past has shown (Ronaldo last year) that the better you play at the end of the year, the bigger the chances you will win it because everything before then is forgotten.

That guy last year did absolutely NOTHING to get that prize, but him putting couple goals past Sweden when they couldn't even qualify in the beginning and goal streak in LaLiga where they were THIRD was enough to push him for win. Again, he won NOTHING. Messi was better and more decisive, albeit injured he still scored as many goals per minute and gave far more assists. On top of that he won something...

This year he couldn't pass a group stage consisting of USA and Ghana, and his biggest contribution to the entire tournament was hitting ONE MAN WALL.

Messi just needs to continue with his form of scoring AND assisting, contributing in build up play and winning. He will nick the award I'm sure, people can clearly see that Ronaldo is not half of player Messi is. Fantastic in form goalscorer (he turned to poacher this season)? Yes. Fantastic player with great vision that can influence game so much to push his team forward? Not really. That was visible at WC, and that is visible now. Common sense will prevail, and with Suarez Messi will get more goals AND more assists. Hopefully Leo turns Bernabeu blaugrana. :party1:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi needs to perform well in clasico and outscore Ronaldo in 2014 then there are chances of him winning it. Champions league 17 goals record and the trophy are alongside cr7. It is hard to see him not winning another ballon. Even they he scores all tap ins pens and insane headers those are still goals and ballon d'or is generally given to the highest scorer. Messi 30% and cr7 70% as of now. But it can change. There is still enough time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans