10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Pedro hearing the news of messi leaving
giphy.gif

Stric

I'm not even making a big deal about his expressions and what's behind them, I'm used to that at this point and there's no sense in trying to get to the bottom of it. Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing. I'm just saying it's not overanalyzing if you notice and comment. They're not micro-expressions or body language. It's conspicuous and people make comments because it's out of the ordinary. When a team scores, usually everyone jumps and laughs and celebrates. But if there's one guy there whose facial expression would have you believe they'd just conceded, of course everyone is going to notice. Don't make someone out to be the bad guy or look like he's overreacting just because he's stating the obvious.

Alarcón

Why should they celebrate all the time? The game was already decided at this point, I think many of them didn't even care

Kohe321

I'm not even making a big deal about his expressions and what's behind them, I'm used to that at this point and there's no sense in trying to get to the bottom of it. Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing. I'm just saying it's not overanalyzing if you notice and comment. They're not micro-expressions or body language. It's conspicuous and people make comments because it's out of the ordinary. When a team scores, usually everyone jumps and laughs and celebrates. But if there's one guy there whose facial expression would have you believe they'd just conceded, of course everyone is going to notice. Don't make someone out to be the bad guy or look like he's overreacting just because he's stating the obvious.

This is nothing new. Had it been a knock-out stage CL match and Neymar just sealed the victory with that goal he would have been happy out of his mind. But it's a league game that they were winning at the time of the goal. He does share the joy of scoring with Neymar, but he isn't flowing over with joy either because he would like to score himself, which he hadn't done at that point in the match yet, and especially after Ronaldo just finished a match where he scored.

Leo cares about that stuff, he wants to follow it up with getting some goals himself, it's completely understandable. He's happy that the team is winning and that Neymar scored, but he was noticably happier after the game when he had scored a couple himself. This sort of competetive attitude is what drives athletes like this, and that's just a good thing. Even in his new role as a provider for the team, he's still a goalscorer at heart, and he really wants to get on the scoresheet in every game, unlike someone like Iniesta or Xavi who is happy "just" to get assists and who celebrate as much as they do whoever scores. This just shows that Leo is not complacent and still hungry.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Alves looked angry in the clip, Xavi looked sad, Rakitic isn't smiling etc etc.

skn02

His movement is still very off at times. I don't know if it's a fatigue issue or something else, but there are numerous instances during a match where he just doesn't run or even walk into space while the rest of the team does.

Messi only run when he knows he could make a move. He doesn't run like a headless chicken like pedro, his energy must be used wisely. I'm sure that's how he was instructed to do. Messi played all the games this season, and every single minutes....He simply cannot go full throttle at ALL TIME every SINGLE GAME, that's just not possible with the tight schedule of games barca are having. If he went full throttle like many of you wanted to see, we'd see Messi injuring himself very often. Just be glad we're having arguably the best of all time playing for us, even if he's only trying 50%, he's still much better than anyone else trying 100%. I much rather Messi only go full throttle against tough rivals, like RM.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He loves to torment the capital. RM, Atletico and Getafe among his favorite victims. No wonder they hate him and never miss an opportunity to slander him.

dakt

He scores even with his hands. :)
1 Brest? English is not my native, but isn't that supposed to be chest? I can hardly imagine Messi with boobs, so ughh.... :)

footyfan

Calma, calma

So more than half his goals are scored when Barca/Arg are leading. Would be interesting to see how that compares to other great goalscorers; Muller, Romario, Pele, Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo. There has to be similar stats for atleast CR, if not R9.

This is the stat for statpadding.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

So more than half his goals are scored when Barca/Arg are leading. Would be interesting to see how that compares to other great goalscorers; Muller, Romario, Pele, Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo. There has to be similar stats for atleast CR, if not R9.

The thing is, I'd say most of the time Barca are winning because of a goal he has already scored/created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans