10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

Messi: "My place in football history? I'm not thinking about that. I just want to keep getting better and win trophies with my team."
Messi: "National team? There was some speculation, but I've been called up and I will continue to play with ARG." #fcblive
Messi: "Luis Enrique, like every coach, has his own ideas and we try to execute that on the pitch. We work hard and have margin to improve."
Messi: "More assists now? I've always given assists. With other forwards playing more in centre, there might be more pass options now."
Messi: "Competing with Cristiano? I don't feel like competing with him or others. It's not about individual awards, I want to help my team."
Messi: "Transfers this season? We signed great players, who have adapted very fast to Barcelona, we have a great group."
Messi: "Becoming all-time Liga topscorer? It'd be special, but it's not something on my mind, it'll happen when it has to happen." #fcblive
Messi: "I changed my way of playing this season because the other forwards play more in the centre now. Before we played with real wingers."
Messi: "Had doubts in last renewal? Everything went very fast, it was easy, I had no doubts about staying." #fcblive
Messi: "It's only his second year here, but I have a great relation with Neymar, both on and off the pitch. He's a great kid." #fcblive
Messi: "Because of his potential, I think Neymar could become the best in the world, he's a great player, it's a pleasure to play with him."
Messi: "Playing in Mexico one day? Don't know... (smiles) You never know what the future brings, but I'm only thinking about Barça now."

Great quotes from champ! Sad to hear his transfer to one of Mexico giants is imminent though...

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Messi: "National team? There was some speculation, but I've been called up and I will continue to play with ARG." #fcblive

So he was considering it?

Paganinisrvnge

Who cares about balon d`or. Everyone is so obsessed with that s**t. Team trophies are the ones that really count.

I agree that team trophies are what really matter but in the future, people will look back and Balon D'ors will be a big factor in how they judge players. I'd rather see Messi's 5th to Ronaldos 2 as opposed to 4 vs 3. Ronaldo probably will slowly start to decline physically around 31/32 so if Messi gets this one, Ronaldo will never catch him.

I

instinct

Breaking News:

Messi cheated on his girlfriend Antonella with his teammate Neymar

tumblr_l6mf50A37k1qca2i2o1_500.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi: "I changed my way of playing this season because the other forwards play more in the centre now. Before we played with real wingers."

Don't know how to make of that. Not sure whether that is good or bad for us.

F

Flavia

Don't know how to make of that. Not sure whether that is good or bad for us.

In contrast to tata playing leo as a pure 9, now it's a tad better. But it wouldn't be bad if the forwards also switched to wingers sometimes, and the midfielders created a bit.

DinhoR10

I think he should be a false 9 again, Pep era positioning, he can come back and create but has Rakitic/Iniesta behind him to create for him too.

Stric

None of those will work as long as our fantastic midfielders are glued to the sidelines, covering for players who are not even half as talented and useful as they are.

DinhoR10

None of those will work as long as our fantastic midfielders are glued to the sidelines, covering for players who are not even half as talented and useful as they are.

Thats why I have a feeling Vermalean will become our new abidal, ever since i saw him play LB for the B team, maybe those were Lucho's orders? Maybe he realises that Iniesta needs freedom and to do that while have three CFs (thats essentially what we have if messi goes false 9 again) we'll need three CBs constantly at the back with Busi being an occasional fourth body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans