10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

I have no idea why he takes spot kicks.

He's never been convincing from the spot. Half the time, I expect him to miss. He's the greatest of all time, but he's pedestrian with penalties.

Untrue though, he barely missed one after the Chelsea game, only one in a friendly against Germany and now these 2.
Nobody was complaining when he burried them in the classico.

gatsu

Neymar was more impressive than Messi in this match, boy was he taking on defenders like butter, and like Messi said, he will be the best player in the world soon.

Neymar had also more space, and he has less responsibilities than Messi, which again had to work both in the midfield and the offense.
Neymar showed some good individual skills (not so hard in a friendly), but collectively he wasn't that impressive.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I have no idea why he takes spot kicks.

He's never been convincing from the spot. Half the time, I expect him to miss. He's the greatest of all time, but he's pedestrian with penalties.
Nah, he can be unlucky like everyone else. Messi is the best at penalties in our team. You give anyone in our team the two penalties against Real Madrid last season at the Bernabau and the pressure would take the best of them.

Kerrybai

Untrue though, he barely missed one after the Chelsea game, only one in a friendly against Germany and now these 2.
Nobody was complaining when he burried them in the classico.
Brasil 2-0 Argentina (11-10-2014)

Levante 0-5 Barcelona (27-09-2014)

Barcelona 3-1 Betis (05-04-2014)

Barcelona 0-0 Atlético (28-08-2013)

Alemania 1-3 Argentina (15-08-2012)

Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea (25-04-2012)

Valencia 1-5 Barcelona (01-02-2012)

Barcelona 0-0 Sevilla (22-10-2011)

Betis 3-1 Barcelona (19-01-2011)

Barcelona 5-1 Panathinaikos (14-09-2010)

Barcelona 2-0 Recreativo (11-04-2009)

Barcelona 1-0 Benidorm (12-11-2008)

Barcelona 1-0 Villarreal (31-01-2008)

He should take a look to his mentor Ronaldinho, hard, low and into the corner.
BzrnscuCEAETrSE.png:thumb

Hm probably not the best idea.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He only takes them really hard in important games. E.g. the 2nd penalty in the 4:3 clasico when Leo hammered it into the top corner.
That led to the missed one vs Chelsea though when he hit the bar.

In the "normal" league games he usually tries to catch the keeper on the wrong foot and then passes it into the net.
Should always put 100% into his pens.

Egert

Estonian Culé
He only takes them really hard in important games. E.g. the 2nd penalty in the 4:3 clasico when Leo hammered it into the top corner.
That led to the missed one vs Chelsea though when he hit the bar.

In the "normal" league games he usually tries to catch the keeper on the wrong foot and then passes it into the net.
Should always put 100% into his pens.

Yep, it seems this way. I remember 12-13 season vs Valencia he hammered that one when we were losing 1-0 and last season vs Valencia he shot right under the bar when we were losing 1-2. He should shoot like that always or at least 70% of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans