10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cbfpaulinho4

Guys, he's one goal away from a record. The crowd starts chanting as soon as he touches the ball. If there's one situation in which he's allowed to take all FKs and be impossibly selfish, it's now. And he's not even being selfish. Other players pass to him even when they're in better positions.

puttin individual achievements over team wins, surprised management is allowing this to go on.

Stric

puttin individual achievements over team wins, surprised management is allowing this to go on.

Oh give me a break. It's not an institutional agenda. If your friend and teammate was a goal away from breaking a historic record, you'd be more inclined to pass to him than you normally would. And it's not as if he's not taking FKs on a regular basis. What are you even talking about?

NotInHere

Didnt watch the second half, but in the first half he was involved, but he misses more now than what he makes. Maybe his going through one lf thpse dry spells, who the hell knows.

Andrew M

Don't have me hanged, drawn and quartered for saying this, but I feel that Messi is slowing down play at times. Quite a miserable performance I thought.

Alik

I'd try playing him on the right.

Or finally give it a go with the double pivot with Messi as CAM. As we no longer need to justify benching Iniesta.

Messi at centre midfield is the answer , then we will get the best from Neymar and Suarez.
The team is more important than any individual.

Messi can't play in midfield. He is best close to the edge of the box not close to a CB.

He has never been played there so how can you say that ?
Suarez and Neymar are being wasted playing to suit him . His best days are gone and everyone knows it . He would be amazing in CM threading balls through to both strikers.
He should also be told to stay away from free kicks too , its getting embarrassing the amount he misses.
The team is more important than Messi.

kilian

He can`t play in midfield because his workrate is too low. Our midfield would get overrun all the time. He needs an agile midfield trio to cover for his lack of defensive running. It worked wonderful when Xaviesta were at their prime. They covered the space perfectly because of smart positioning and made the job easier for Busquets too. But they lost that, Xavi because of age, Iniesta maybe motivation and we don`t have that balance anymore. Putting Messi into midfield would disrupt that even more. I think with current squad the best thing would be double pivot Masch - Rakitic and Iniesta/Rafinha in front of them.

Mitchell1978

lol, at some of these comments, Messi is not a CM or a RW, in youth teams he usually played as a 10 or a second forward, thats where he should play. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Messi behind Suarez.

He can`t play in midfield because his workrate is too low. Our midfield would get overrun all the time. He needs an agile midfield trio to cover for his lack of defensive running. It worked wonderful when Xaviesta were at their prime. They covered the space perfectly because of smart positioning and made the job easier for Busquets too. But they lost that, Xavi because of age, Iniesta maybe motivation and we don`t have that balance anymore. Putting Messi into midfield would disrupt that even more. I think with current squad the best thing would be double pivot Masch - Rakitic and Iniesta/Rafinha in front of them.

His workmate up front in none existent compared to what he used to do , the creative midfield has now gone and he would bring that back in midfield along with the working side of Masch/Rakatic.
Iniesta has never been the same player ever since Guardiola left and he's not going to get that form back so he is not the answer .

lol, at some of these comments, Messi is not a CM or a RW, in youth teams he usually played as a 10 or a second forward, thats where he should play. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Messi behind Suarez.

Neymar and Suarez are not wingers either but thats where they are being forced to play to suit Messi.
If not CM he should be played behind both strikers . both of the strikers actually shoot around and outside of the box for their countries but never do it playing for Barca because of the walk the ball into the net philosophy.

kilian

His workmate up front in none existent compared to what he used to do ,

That`s why you can`t play him in midfield. One of the most important things for midfielders is workrate. Look at Modric/Kroos now or Xavi/Iniesta at their prime. They worked their ass off, regardless of talent. You can`t have a midfielder walking around while free players go past him. It would be a disaster.

That`s why you can`t play him in midfield. One of the most important things for midfielders is workrate. Look at Modric/Kroos now or Xavi/Iniesta at their prime. They worked their ass off, regardless of talent. You can`t have a midfielder walking around while free players go past him. It would be a disaster.

You can`t have a midfielder walking around while free players go past him.

We have for nearly three years .......Iniesta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans