10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilian

We have for nearly three years .......Iniesta.

Yes, and that coincides with our decline from the best team on the planet to top 10 team. And now you want another player doing the same, or to be honest much worse. Messi has a much lower workrate than Iniesta.

What good would that do? Messi is a beast, but football is about defending as much as it is about attacking.

Mitchell1978

Neymar and Suarez are not wingers either but thats where they are being forced to play to suit Messi.
If not CM he should be played behind both strikers . both of the strikers actually shoot around and outside of the box for their countries but never do it playing for Barca because of the walk the ball into the net philosophy.

But Messi has usually played deeper this season. And yesterday both Neymar and Suarez took shots on goal from around the edge of the box. Have you even seen any of the games this season or are you just hear to push your opinion.

But Messi has usually played deeper this season. And yesterday both Neymar and Suarez took shots on goal from around the edge of the box. Have you even seen any of the games this season or are you just hear to push your opinion.

Agreed , it was great to see both having shots yesterday but its a first this season . I have watched every game and Neymar never plays like he does for Brazil and thats because of Messi.
Every team knows how to play against the hundreds of passes rubbish , we see it almost every week now .
Let the two strikers play their natural game and drop Messi in behind them , and keep him the hell away from free kicks.

Mitchell1978

Agreed , it was great to see both having shots yesterday but its a first this season . I have watched every game and Neymar never plays like he does for Brazil and thats because of Messi.
Every team knows how to play against the hundreds of passes rubbish , we see it almost every week now .
Let the two strikers play their natural game and drop Messi in behind them , and keep him the hell away from free kicks.

Messi is already playing deeper most of the time and no he will continue to take the majority of free kicks.

Messi is already playing deeper most of the time and no he will continue to take the majority of free kicks.

He does nowhere near the work he used to do thats why he's deeper now , he's lazy .
As for free kicks i guess we will have to get used to watching them fly over the bar or into the wall for years to come then .
His best days are gone , its hard to take but its true.
Neymar is the future.

Mitchell1978

He does nowhere near the work he used to do thats why he's deeper now , he's lazy .
As for free kicks i guess we will have to get used to watching them fly over the bar or into the wall for years to come then .
Neymar is the future.

the trolls have come out again i see

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I'm curious. Do you believe he is playing his best games right now or do you think his form will improve significantly?

His form?
What's wrong with his form? Only thing lacking kinda is his finishing which shouldn't rly matter since we have neymar/suarez.
If there are people believing he's at any fault for our situation they need to check their head.

Also, yes many players come to barca and are repositioned so they lose quality.
Mby this will happen to suarez too, since he's not a winger. Why is it messi's fault that the board brings all these players that play same position with messi only to sell shirts and get $$?
Pls, blame the board for bringing in useless superstars and not defenders, not messi.

BusiTheKing

I'm not blaming Messi for anything. Regardless of his history, I still think he is the best player in the world right now. But stating that he has never been better than he is at this point in his career is foolish.

Schumi

I'm not blaming Messi for anything. Regardless of his history, I still think he is the best player in the world right now. But stating that he has never been better than he is at this point in his career is foolish.

He has been great recently, but his finishing, which frankly is a very big "BUT".

Mitchell1978

Well nobody said that. He hasn't been in his best form but he has been good in most games. Finishing could be better for shure though yesterday apart from the header and the 1e FK those weren't bad efforts, more bad luck and a good goalkeeper.

BusiTheKing

Well nobody said that. He hasn't been in his best form but he has been good in most games. Finishing could be better for shure though yesterday apart from the header and the 1e FK those weren't bad efforts, more bad luck and a good goalkeeper.

So you believe that his best days are still to come? I hope so too, but it seems unlikely.

Kerrybai

Neymar is the future.

Messi is our best playmaker, something Neymar is heavily benefiting from. Even when Messi declines to 50% of what he is now he will still be a great player.

Kerrybai

Dude are you for real? How many fks Messi scores compare to so many that he misses?? Should we just push Neymar and Suarez aside because Messi and Xavi should traditionally take all the fks because once in a while one of them comes out good?!

He has scored plenty of free kicks in the past and his conversion rate for them isn't bad.

It doesn't really matter anymore.

Why do you even bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans