10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

He seems to be unlucky these days, I don't know if its because his finishing abilities have declined a little and his going to be a hit and miss goal scorer from now on, as apposed to scoring goals every match, or if its because his just plain unlucky eight now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He moved plenty and tried a lot but he couldn't find the right rhythm. A mix of bad luck and bad play today. Can't blame him for systemic restrictions but he wasn't performing at an optimal level individually either.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
People are allowed to have an opinion on Messi just as any other player and that doesnt mean 'shitting' on him,

Watching Messi these days I cant see how a team to take on the best in europe can be made with him providing so little work rate off the ball.

Yup, team cannot take on the best of Europe because of Messi....

Thanks for the illumination JamDav, as always.

raskolnikov

To be honest, what he needs is a change of scenery, a challenge for a player that has won everything so he will get back the fire, the motivation.
His off the ball movement is very poor nowadays and his finishing is off as well, as it has been whole season, which is why Ronaldo is rated higher nowadays.
Messi is still a quality player but a change of teams would do him a world of good, I still hope he stays and it somehow all works out though.

SeloBarca

You need to grow up and accept that people have different opinions from you.

My way, or gtfo. I dont get why its ok to critizise other players, but not Messi, when hes clearly playing really bad.
Hes not unlucky. Hes not working hard enough and arent focused. The teammates are not helping him, but he also have to help his teammates.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Poor finishing =/= bad luck

No one can legitimately say he's been unlucky. Unless you're saying he's unlucky to play for Barca at this moment in time.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The chances of messi hitting the crossbar are same as RM getting a penalty. Actually it is even more. How can one be so unlucky!! I blame liverpool, they send some of their virus with suarez.

E

El_e8

Break 400 goals record and hand in transfer request.
This board and managers will take 2 years of your career away.

blaugrana1987

There are several reasons why Messi is not scoring as well. First is team chemistry/form which flat out SUCKS. He waits alot with a ball in his feet just to pass to someone, nobody is open. Second reason is luck...I mean you can't hit woodworks 5 times in two matches, but oh well. Third reason is because he simply isnt sharp enough. Obviously his talent will let him score alot of goals, but he is no longer invincible. He looked invincible against Ajax, not today. He needs to find a good reason to be sharper, more ruthless and goals will come.

blaugrana1987

Messi is not as good/sharp as few years ago but then again whole team is in disarray so I'm not sure he is worse or he has absolutely no backup in team. Everytime he gets the ball he has to beat 4 man minimum just to get near the goal...It never happened before as we had Xavi/Iniesta, actually Godlike players in comparison with mediocrity we have today.

F

Flavia

JamDav, Selo, Sumlit, your discussion was moved to the offtopic thread. Please go on over there, not here. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans