10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did he actually say that, though? I only found that quote on that unmentionable website.

I know, but he allegedly told L'Equipe that when he was interviewed by them. LOL might have twisted his words, but I would expect his line of thinking was pretty much along these lines (that Messi is the best despite the Cry Baby's goal count this year).

Stric

For those of you "defending" Messi for not running enough without the ball because he just came back from injury, isn't this exactly the reason why he's not being played 90 mins, but at first 30, then 45? If you're fit to play for 30 mins, then you're expected to be able to be at your max for 30 mins. If you can't be at your max for 30 mins, well then you aren't fit for 30 mins, are you? I'm not even complaining about him not running more, I'm just saying that the just-back-from-injury argument doesn't apply, because he's not playing the entire game, but exactly the amount of time for which he is fit to play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That along with being pissed off at FIFA for reopening the votes hence letting Cristiano win when Ribery was in the front seat.

F

Flavia

For those of you "defending" Messi for not running enough without the ball because he just came back from injury, isn't this exactly the reason why he's not being played 90 mins, but at first 30, then 45? If you're fit to play for 30 mins, then you're expected to be able to be at your max for 30 mins. If you can't be at your max for 30 mins, well then you aren't fit for 30 mins, are you? I'm not even complaining about him not running more, I'm just saying that the just-back-from-injury argument doesn't apply, because he's not playing the entire game, but exactly the amount of time for which he is fit to play.

I really think he's still a bit afraid of relapse. Which is understandable. Those injuries need to be overcome physically, and mentally.

Stric

I really think he's still a bit afraid of relapse. Which is understandable. Those injuries need to be overcome physically, and mentally.

I can definitely understand that, being afraid to enter into duels and stuff like that, but making more movement off the ball doesn't really have much to do with it.

sil85

im worried about the injury he had when he got in. i was like OMG not again please! i just hope it was something simple and didnt hurt him bad

Der Kaiser

I can definitely understand that, being afraid to enter into duels and stuff like that, but making more movement off the ball doesn't really have much to do with it.

it´s not like he was working his ass off before the injuries... thats just how his game is, limit his energy for offensive runs.

Paganinisrvnge

Why do people want Messi to be Pedro? There's no point in constantly wasting his energy when he's the GOAT. It's not like he NEVER helps out in defense or NEVER makes runs off the ball.

DinhoR10

Tbh unless it's a situation like against milan last year where 1 goal is the difference between glory and getting knocked out the tournament I don't want to see messi defending or anything like that. Although what he should do and has done in today's game is to drop back to provide a passing option and extra dynamic play.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why do people want Messi to be Pedro? There's no point in constantly wasting his energy when he's the GOAT. It's not like he NEVER helps out in defense or NEVER makes runs off the ball.

It is not about running for the sake of running, rather it is running (or walking) to create space and getting into positions to receive the ball, in order to create more opportunities.

Richard.H

I don't think anyone is asking Messi to be Pedro.

He just stands there however which is not good. I rather have him rest and be 100 % when he returns than to stand and worry about a defender tackling him hard when he finally receives the ball.

footyfan

Calma, calma
In his defense, Messi was rarely part of the pressing game before, so what is so different today? They can press without him.

Of course he was, up until about mid 2011/12, then he got taken out of it/our pressing went to shit.

Our pressing is currently excellent under Tata without him on the pitch, the contrast was amazing to see in both today's game and the midweek Getafe game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans