10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosting

After the knock with Costa, he just seemed scared to move or get on the ball for about 20 minutes. He seemed to have some mental issue that he was injured again.

F

Flavia

The moments he had the ball he looked deadly. But he walked too much.

He's coming back from 60 days without a full match... you guys really expect too much. even more against one of the toughest sides Barça will face this season.

He still had one or two good moments.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
His off the ball movement was non existant as he seemed to walk around. He was explosive with the ball as usual.

BarcaVillain

Can't keep him wrapped in cotton wool permanently. He was always going to be on the end of some strong tackles today and he was deemed fit enough to play 45 minutes. Did ok, tbh I am more concerned that Alexis couldn't get involved.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
With the ball he was great as always. Didn't lose the ball once that I saw and a good pass to Cesc who should've done better. He wasn't that good off the ball as many already have said, but you got to remember that he just came back.

NotInHere

Yeah I agree.. dude was walking too much. As soon as he got in, the first time he touched the ball he looked explosive, but after that tackle he went on periods where he looked like he didn't have anything to do with the ball. I'm pretty sure he was just being cautious, for our sake.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I hope Leo was only being cautious. He really needs to shake off his walking habit.

No he doesn't. I swear, people complain about that after every freaking game and have done so for the last two years or something. He still gets the job done most of the time.

Not sure what running would do against a parked bus anyway.

NotInHere

No he doesn't. I swear, people complain about that after every freaking game and have done so for the last two years or something. He still gets the job done most of the time.

Not sure what running would do against a parked bus anyway.
He could have been more explosive though, you have to admit that. At times he passed the ball too quick without making a move.. my question is, why did he look explosive against Getafe? I realize were playing against a tougher defense, but still, the intensity was not like Getafe's, I'm really disappointed about that tackle, if it didn't happen, he might have been more explosive.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
To be honest, early on in the year when Messi actually did get a consistent string of games, he wasn't doing the whole "walking around too much" bit. He constantly dribbled and led us on counters and kept our play dynamic (Valencia, Rayo, and Sevilla being prime examples which I can recall directly)

When our play is pushed back and slow, then his movement stalls and he doesn't stay consistently active. Against a team like Atletico who's defense is extremely difficult to break down especially when he has no match rhythm, it was understandable that he wouldn't move around much. When we play a slow game against a compact defense, then his contribution remains in his decisive on the ball moments. When it is an open and direct attacking game, he constantly wreaks havoc and owns the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans