10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

To be honest, early on in the year when Messi actually did get a consistent string of games, he wasn't doing the whole "walking around too much" bit. He constantly dribbled and led us on counters and kept our play dynamic (Valencia, Rayo, and Sevilla being prime examples which I can recall directly)

When our play is pushed back and slow, then his movement stalls and he doesn't stay consistently active. Against a team like Atletico who's defense is extremely difficult to break down especially when he has no match rhythm, it was understandable that he wouldn't move around much. When we play a slow game against a compact defense, then his contribution remains in his decisive on the ball moments. When it is an open and direct attacking game, he constantly wreaks havoc and owns the opposition.
I think it all comes down to him playing constantly, once he gets that trust back he'll create danger that we once knew, no matter how tough the opposition defense is.

CatalinR10

Arda Turan (Atletico): "Messi is out of this world, he's an alien. For me, he's the best player in the history of football." #fcblive

F

Flavia

Arda Turan (Atletico): "Messi is out of this world, he's an alien. For me, he's the best player in the history of football." #fcblive

BduprTnCMAAasNt.jpg:large

Ghosting

Off the ball movement is something he needs to improve IMO. He should make himself available to receive the ball more often, because of what he can do with it.

I think he realises it's pointless a lot of the time, because someone will always follow him no matter what. If you notice he stands or walks around but he is constantly looking to see if someone is following him, if he thinks his marker has lost concentration then he marks a 5 yard dart into space. Otherwise he knows there is no point constantly running around for space when the opposition won't allow it, their focus is rightly on Messi.

Alarcón

No he doesn't. I swear, people complain about that after every freaking game and have done so for the last two years or something. He still gets the job done most of the time.

Not sure what running would do against a parked bus anyway.

He's always been walking around on the pitch but he's usually still in the right position; today was different in that he didn't even track back to pick up the ball or bother running into positions where his team mates could pass the ball to him, hence why he rarely ever received it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Coming from Ribery :tata1:

"I've done everything, I avoided injuries and I've given regular performances. Ronaldo scores a lot of goals, but Messi is always the best player in the world, though he experienced some injuries this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans