10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not think shoes are the reason for missed free kicks but I also think that it is stupid to change them before important games.
The CL final e.g. Masche slipped and caused a corner in the first minutes because he had problems with his new shoes. He changed back to his old ones after 15 minutes or so.

It is all marketing of course.

Kohe321

Everybody know how Messi is in top form especially in last few months but after the copa del rey final, i think his shooting accuracy has deteriorated a bit. It can be due to tiredness but don't know why it seems to me that it is mainly due to his new "Messi 15.1" boots which he started wearing after copa del rey final. They are entirely different boots compared to previous generations. Messi 15.1 has entirely new silo, has many different features and also weighs more compared to last one. Also it has strange plastic looking external cage which could be main cause of his lack of accuracy in shooting.

In CL final he missed the target after combining well with Neymar & Suarez & also missed the free kick(if i am correct), his through pass to Neymar was bit faster.
In copa america matches he is passing well but his shooting accuracy is causing problems, also his free kicks are way off the mark in some cases

Don't know why elite athletes like messi change their boots just before such important matches and tournament where margin of error is so small ? May be Adidas Marketing is behind these things but why wear entirely different boots at such crucial time ?

You make a good point. If the boot has an entirely new feel, changing it just before a CL final doesn't sound like the best idea. These things are down to small margins, he should stay with what he's used until the end of each season, and rather use the pre-season to get used to new ones.

Asylum15

I honestly think it's an invalid point.

Firstly, Leo didn't ''just'' wear them out of the blue. He trained in them a couple of times, and he looked perfectly comfortable in the live training the day before. He also wore his 'yellow' luminous boots for the first time before the SuperCopa games with Madrid in 2011, and we saw what he did then.

I played professional here for a couple of years, and had 7-8 different pairs of boots in those 2 years, and even before games where they were brand new, it didn't make a difference. As long as they fit nicely, it isin't an issue.

We are talking about Leo here!

F

Flavia

I honestly think it's an invalid point.

Firstly, Leo didn't ''just'' wear them out of the blue. He trained in them a couple of times, and he looked perfectly comfortable in the live training the day before. He also wore his 'yellow' luminous boots for the first time before the SuperCopa games with Madrid in 2011, and we saw what he did then.

I played professional here for a couple of years, and had 7-8 different pairs of boots in those 2 years, and even before games where they were brand new, it didn't make a difference. As long as they fit nicely, it isin't an issue.

We are talking about Leo here!

He had problems with a boot this year, after training and playing matches with it. Even if you think it's "invalid", that "lol" was disrespectful and uncalled for.

Ekul

I can't believe people actually think that a new pair of boots are the reason for him not scoring...

How much more do they weigh than his old ones, an ounce!?

Asylum15

He had problems with a boot this year, after training and playing matches with it. Even if you think it's "invalid", that "lol" was disrespectful and uncalled for.

Because he had a SWELLING from being kicked by Demichelis!

The LOL wasn't intended to be disrespectful. No light humour left around here?

Golazo

The talk about boots is making it seem like there is something wrong. He had 3 assists in the last game and they are now in the final. Aren't those good things?

If messi scored all the goals for Argentina then what would their other 4-5 works class forwards do?

His objective is to win the cup with Argentina and not to win top scorer. He is basically influencing the game with his play making. He is even influencing the game before it starts because opposition coaches have to set up their team to stop him.

F

Flavia

Because he had a SWELLING from being kicked by Demichelis!

The LOL wasn't intended to be disrespectful. No light humour left around here?

That long uppercase "lol" you posted had nothing humorous about it, just plain disrespectful of another person's opinion.

The reports about his problems with that boot weren't about the kick only. They were tighter than usual, and adidas had to change them. So there's nothing absurd about it. Neymar also had issues with one of his new boots in jan/feb.

Egert

Estonian Culé
5x2zjs.jpg

Ekul

That long uppercase "lol" you posted had nothing humorous about it, just plain disrespectful of another person's opinion.

The reports about his problems with that boot weren't about the kick only. They were tighter than usual, and adidas had to change them. So there's nothing absurd about it. Neymar also had issues with one of his new boots in jan/feb.

Neymar had issues with his form, not the colour of his boots.

And I highly doubt his boots were tighter than normal, as they were the same boots, just a different colour. He (briefly) reverted back to his old boots because he had been wearing them for a while, they were stretched and comfortable, and he had a large swelling on his foot.

Holly

The talk about boots is making it seem like there is something wrong. He had 3 assists in the last game and they are now in the final. Aren't those good things?

If messi scored all the goals for Argentina then what would their other 4-5 works class forwards do?

His objective is to win the cup with Argentina and not to win top scorer. He is basically influencing the game with his play making. He is even influencing the game before it starts because opposition coaches have to set up their team to stop him.

Just read that Chili actually used a playstation 4 - not sure if it is true - to figure out how to stop Leo...talking about influencing a game before it has even started.....

Radec

Messi moved on from the goal net because it far too wide now he doing it between other players legs! j/k

Seriously I love that Messi is more focus on team achievement than personal glory. Doesn't matter how many goals you score if you never win the cup. Argentina has the best group forwards in the world. What Messi is doing is just filling in the gaps.

Zidane when he played he made his team play so much better and Messi doing just that.

Asylum15

I completely disagree, but instead of us flooding this thread, lets end it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans