10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Its also interesting that Maradona only scored 34 goals for Argentina in close to 100 caps. Messi already has 46 goals.

barcanuck

Messi still has Super Copa America next summer, WC 2018, Copa America 19 in Brazil and hopefully WC 22 as a 34 year old Xavi type. Running out but 2 Copas and 2 WC's are where he's at. Maybe Olympics as well if Super Copa gets cancelled next summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has already won the Olympics and no one cares about it either. Not sure whether many would care about next year's Copa America either. That leaves him with WC18 and CA19, but to have a chance Argentina need to start rebuilding right now which won't happen. I can't see it happen.

Jombi

Argentina just needs a proper coach like Diego Simeone.

Argentina have a roster more than good enough to win anything, as long as the coach can make them work together.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Argentina is cursed. No other way to explain it really. Losing those many finals in such a short time is really bad luck.

jamarcus

You really can't blame Messi for touching the ball so little, considering that whenever he asked for the ball his teammate kept on ignoring him. I lost count of how many times Messi dropped deep to his own half to ask for the ball, and even though he was unmarked and the player on the ball clearly saw Messi, instead of giving the ball to Messi he/they made a longball. They kept on ignoring him.
Yes, you can blame Messi. He was static for almost the entire second half unless he had the ball at his feet.

LordLichtenstein

We should really try to contact Messistats about their database, the more I look, the more mistakes I find.

First Mistake.

Messi assisted 6 goals in 2005-06, not 5. They forgot his assist for Riquelme's goal in the 71st minute.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIfRwtOHNE

Second Mistake.

I can see that they have noted that Messi has 400 wins, 111 draws and 74 defeats, which is wrong, again. The real numbers they are looking for is 404 wins, 106 draws and 75 defeats.

Third Mistake.

They have noted that he has 185 assists for club and country. The number they are looking for is 186.

*This one is tied with the first mistake.

Last edited:

Jombi

Alexis Sanchez had almost as many shots as Messi in the tournament, and also only scored once (and had only one assist to Messi's 3). Time to mock Sanchez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans