10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamarcus

Messi touched the ball five times between the 45th minute and 70th minute. He made zero passes in the same time frame. 25 minutes of walking.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Or maybe it means that Argentina were getting dominated by Chile in that timeframe and Argentina couldn't get out of their own half and were hoofing it instead ?

Golazo

Something was off yesterday with the whole team. Body language said that chile wanted it more. Not sure if it was nerves due to the incredible atmosphere in the stadium, but i don't recall argentina having a good string of passes all game long. I'm a diehard argentina and messi fan but I remember thinking if they had won it on that higuain chance or on penalties then it wouldn't have been deserved because chile played the better team football.

Oh well I guess is not meant to be...

cris29

Four Argentine managers in the semi's, yet Argentina had the worst of them. Typical Argentina.

I honestly have no idea with regards to Messi's role in the side, it felt as if every game bar Paraguay was Atletico-Barca all over again for him. He seemed fed up, and trying to force things when he was on the ball which is never a good sign. His biggest strength is the quick one-two passing, unfortunately this Argentina side couldn't string two passes together to save their life.

Demichelis & Masch didn't deserve to be on losing side though, they performed very well.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
actually i changed my mind. he isn't as good as maradona. maradona would have taken charge in a game like this and dragged his team. not sulk and walk because he doesn't get first class barcelona service and team structure.

people are whining at his teammmates and fair enough but messi should have shown more initiative in this particular game. he was getting kicked alot but maradona got kicked even worse every single match in his career and fouls were not given.

CesDel

Messi touched the ball five times between the 45th minute and 70th minute. He made zero passes in the same time frame. 25 minutes of walking.

You really can't blame Messi for touching the ball so little, considering that whenever he asked for the ball his teammate kept on ignoring him. I lost count of how many times Messi dropped deep to his own half to ask for the ball, and even though he was unmarked and the player on the ball clearly saw Messi, instead of giving the ball to Messi he/they made a longball. They kept on ignoring him.

actually i changed my mind. he isn't as good as maradona. maradona would have taken charge in a game like this and dragged his team. not sulk and walk because he doesn't get first class barcelona service and team structure.

people are whining at his teammmates and fair enough but messi should have shown more initiative in this particular game. he was getting kicked alot but maradona got kicked even worse every single match in his career and fouls were not given.

If so, then how come Maradona never won a Copa America?

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Blasphemer.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i actually think the poster who made the national GOAT list and club GOAT list had a good idea there. obviously its the same sport but national tournament football is different from club football in many ways.

KingLeo10

:xavi: i'm not sure if this is sarcasm..

if not, then you sure were singing a different tune in 2015..and will probably resume that come next season at barca

Jombi

LOL. You are funny.

Jombi

Maradona and Tata Martino are poor coaches.

That's just reality. No team can win with poor coaching.

If Diego Simeone is in charge of Argentina in 2018, Messi has a good chance of winning it.

jj_101

[vine][/vine]
559896db3c233.jpg

This is what happens when Messi plays for Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans