10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

AS are writing that Mascherano is considering to retire from the NT after the Messi treatment.

Walter Tamer (Masche agent) : "A lot of time he said that he was tired. But i feel that this time its different. Messi had a huge impact."
"Mascherano is destroyed. The critics towards Messi hurted him. He loves him a lot and saw him depressed."

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/07...ink&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Mascherano denied those claims. Said when he has something to say, he'll say it himself.

[tw]618856443303870465[/tw]

Co0ter

Watched full goal compilations of Suarez, Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo today. Watching all of Ronaldo's horrible celebrations was painful, but I concluded he scored 14 penalties and 10 tap ins...that is only counting 2 headers where he was basically standing in the net (he scored a ton of headers this season). There were plenty of one timers I didn't cout because he was a bit further out in the box. Messi scored 7 penalties I believe, Ronaldo had double...

It doesn't take long to be overwhelmed by Messi's magic. With Ronaldo there is nothing out of the ordinary other than the occasional long range shot or great header.

There really is just no comparison.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Ordinary was pertaining to the quality of the goals, as indicated by the clear context of the statement. I'll break it down though. Messi's goals and style = magic. Ronaldo's goals and style = ordinary. Quality not quanity. It's the reason why the brazilian Ronaldo will always be remembered- not just for how many goals he scored, but how he did it.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Cristiano sure is efficient though, and he will be remembered for that.

Not sure what Neymar has to do with it..

Morten

Ordinary was pertaining to the quality of the goals, as indicated by the clear context of the statement. I'll break it down though. Messi's goals and style = magic. Ronaldo's goals and style = ordinary. Quality not quanity. It's the reason why the brazilian Ronaldo will always be remembered- not just for how many goals he scored, but how he did it.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Cristiano sure is efficient though, and he will be remembered for that.

Not sure what Neymar has to do with it..

in truth, when you score 50-60 goals a season, there are gonna be loads of "easy" goals, just because of the sheer volume. Even Messi score mostly "normal" goals, though he does have more beauties than just about anyone. I mentioned Neymar because he gets hailed for his goaltally this season, im pretty sure most of them were "easy" ones too.

El Flaco

Alves: "Messi is a lot better than Ronaldo, who only scores. Messi has influence on the game, makes the team play and assists." [espn]

F

Flavia

[tw]619220575257542656[/tw]

Toni Freixa confirmed that some members of the board wanted to sell Messi last year. He didn't say who, but I think I can guess one name, Faus. I also think, had rosell stayed, he would had done that.

Btw, the discussion about maradona/napoli was moved to the napoli thread.

that asshole faus, for sure, he didn't take well to being bitch-slapped by messi in the press.
But it would have taken collective hysteria for the board to sell, I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It means that article by TV3 last year about the board deciding to sell Messi had some truth in it.

raskolnikov

If we had another half season like pre anoeta with no trophies won like the year before, Messi might actually have left to Chelsea.

dakt

Out of all players we got and will get, I'm most excited to see him next season. Mostly because of motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans