10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitan Puyol

Yeah...imagine Argentina without Messi. There are many overestimated players in Argentina team by the media!

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Argentines are an ungratefull bunch, Madridista type attitude towards their own players.
I hate how players like Biglia, Di Maria, Pastore, Higuain and even Aguero get excused while only Messi gets critisized.

GoGGi

Am I only one, but when I watched games of Argentina, I had feeling that some players are "jealous" on Messi and tried ignore him or prove there on their own. Aguero is one of them, instead that he would play 1-2 with Messi, just pass to him etc. He tried sometimes too much on his own and the end he screwed up 90% chances.

Ekul

At Napoli, Maradona would literally speak to the president and say "I want us to sign X, Y and Z players and for us to play in this system" and that's what would happen. That team was tailor made to Maradona's requirements... His achievements there were still impressive, though.

BrazilFan

Argentines are an ungratefull bunch, Madridista type attitude towards their own players.
I hate how players like Biglia, Di Maria, Pastore, Higuain and even Aguero get excused while only Messi gets critisized.

Based on their boards, they didn't excused anyone the only players that got a pass was Mascherano and Otamendi. It only normal the media focuses on Messi. He is the best player and the captain. If the perception is they win because of Messi, it should come as no surprise when they lose the blame also falls on Messi. It comes with the territory.

Golazo

Supposedly there are some in the argentine press calling for messi to leave the team.

I as much as anyone wanted to see them win but to call for such a thing is totally unacceptable.

We should start a campaign against the Ole newspaper that's making such ridiculous suggestions.

blaugrana1987

Am I only one, but when I watched games of Argentina, I had feeling that some players are "jealous" on Messi and tried ignore him or prove there on their own. Aguero is one of them, instead that he would play 1-2 with Messi, just pass to him etc. He tried sometimes too much on his own and the end he screwed up 90% chances.
No you are not, Ive been saying this for the last month. Hey literally dont like to pass the ball (except Higuain, Masch, Messi and Pastore sometimes). Aguero just puts his head down and tries to dribble it out not looking for a pass. ADM is very predictable. He either looses the ball while dribbling or tries rabona or some shit and fucks up everything.

Argentina is no team...they are bunch of individual chokers. Messi is not used to someone notnpassing the ball. When they finally pass it to him he is instant danger, they just dont like to pass, even to Messi. Not to say he is not at fault at times when he doesnt like to run into position without a ball.

Plus I think game every 3 days for him is a bit too much, he seems exhausted at end of these kind of tournoments...

frog-fcb

A stint away from the national team could be good for messi considering the rest he can get during international break and it will mean the argies will either realise just how much they miss him or the team could really pull through with him not there they will all have to step up as they cant depend on him to pull them through

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Jorge Messi:

“Leo only plays football and doesn't worry about the rest.”

“Leo grew up in a family like any other in Argentina, where everything is achieved with sacrifice and respect.”

“Leo never did anything mischievous when he was young because he was always a good boy. Naughty, yes, but never difficult.”

“Criticism against Leo? Many only understand failures and that forces them to see their own failings in others. Unfortunately, we live in a world of show and harsh criticism sells better than constructive criticism”[diez mas]

http://www.sport-english.com/en/not...with-lionel-messi-criticism-argentina-4337122

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dybala came out defending Messi:

b553a315jw1etun3bx8yej20gn0ofwhw.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently Antonela is hospitalized.

Antonela Roccuzzo will spend the night in observation care at Hospital Español. Leo will stay with her.

Tomorrow at 10:30 AM a second medical status will be made public.

She’s being treated for a urinary infection, very common among pregnant women. Antonela and the baby are perfectly fine but urinary infections should be treated carefully because they can provoke premature births, intrauterine growth restriction or damage to the kidneys of the pregnant woman.

Antonela should be able to travel to Barcelona [on Friday] but it’s better if she stays in the hospital a couple of days so the doctors can make sure the treatment is working and everything is going right, especially because the flight takes 12+ hours.
(tumblr:fyleonella)

alittlebitter

news about him wanting to take a break comes out everytime argentina loses a tournament. it's like they want him to be a quitter so they can criticize him even more. someone at leo's position is not one to be easily affected by criticism. if he made it through 2011, which was by far the most he's ever been criticized for Argentina, then he'll be fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans