10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

12042800_1151107048251309_960906682696061297_n.jpg

Messi after his missed penalty last night.

Sick of our shirt, moving to PSG in January.

raki

He has to practice penalties. He´s so accurate that he just needs to put the ball in the corners with enough power.

Vegeta

Leo is the best finisher in the world. This is purely mental. Pray for him to overcome this trying period quickly.

Barcafan 2304

Leo is the best finisher in the world. This is purely mental. Pray for him to overcome this trying period quickly.

Wouldn't even class it as a trying period. Scored the winner against atletico, 2 yesterday and an assist. He missed one penalty, no biggie

raskolnikov

I have to admit though, every time he steps up im having this feeling like: fuck he is going to miss.... Dont feel secure at all about it.

A guy like Messi should be Pirlo level at freekicks with his skills and near balo levels with the penaldo's.
Or at least solid. He has the technique to shoot it wherever he likes and is no mental midget either.
I hope he practices a lot so he will get back to 80+ %

raskolnikov

Ofcourse it is.

He clearly has the power and technique. He has shown that on multiple occasions.

But what makes it weird is that he has scored a shitload of penalties during high pressure moments where normal players fail. think of the penalty shoot outs, classico's, cl games etc.
Only thing that spook him are tall goalies but in general his missed penalties used to be more during complacency,which is why his copa del rey record is terrible.
Why would he get nervous for a bullshit levante penalty when he can keep it together in the copa america final?
With almost any player its the other way arround.

Then again we are talking about a guy that is nervous to talk in front of 100 people yet feels no pressure playing with millions watching.

Horatio

You're welcome
To me penalty kicks is mostly a game of probabilities. Messi might not be keeping his shit together during every penalty kick he takes for all we know but with his level of technique will get the majority in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans