10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Suarez missed at least 2 at Liverpool, I've seen Neymar miss a couple too, not so sure how good rakitic is at them. Basically unless we have another player who can consistently strike above 80% and convert the majority of pressure kicks then Messi should remain number 1.

Richard.H

Suarez missed at least 2 at Liverpool, I've seen Neymar miss a couple too, not so sure how good rakitic is at them. Basically unless we have another player who can consistently strike above 80% and convert the majority of pressure kicks then Messi should remain number 1.

I would like to see Suarez take some FK's, especially ones that are really close to goal. He has a very good power strike.

There was no one as promising as him in fk that time.Right now ney deserves his share of chances.

Yeah, he does, so do Rakitic and Suarez on Left Sided FKs. But just because Neymar scores one FK doesn't suddenly mean he's better than Messi who scores the most in the top 5 leagues now that Ronaldo seems to have forgotten how to take them.

Neymessi

Yeah, he does, so do Rakitic and Suarez on Left Sided FKs. But just because Neymar scores one FK doesn't suddenly mean he's better than Messi who scores the most in the top 5 leagues now that Ronaldo seems to have forgotten how to take them.

Suarez hasn't scored one fk with us and rakitic has also just scored once.So you saying that one free kick does not matter goes to both of them too.Neymar is on par with messi in fks.He has literally taken 3 or 4 and he scored twice.Not to mention he is amazing in fks at brazil.I don't have a problem with anyone thinking messi is better than ney at fk but ney is obviously very close to him and he deserves his chances.

George_Costanza

I know that most know the term from Nietzsche (me too) but since the 3rd Reich it has a negative connotation.

ubermensch has negative connection? lol people need to stop being that sensitive to everything. Ubermensch is a philosophy concept that suppose to make us a better person. end of it. Back to football.

Messi should share some of the FKs with Neymar.

raskolnikov

Suarez hasn't scored one fk with us and rakitic has also just scored once.So you saying that one free kick does not matter goes to both of them too.Neymar is on par with messi in fks.He has literally taken 3 or 4 and he scored twice.Not to mention he is amazing in fks at brazil.I don't have a problem with anyone thinking messi is better than ney at fk but ney is obviously very close to him and he deserves his chances.

He hasnt taken any. Suarez is better at freekicks than Messi is.
But this team is run by Messi who is the goat so I dont mind him taking the freekicks, just share with Neymar.

Ritchie

I would like to see Suarez take some FK's, especially ones that are really close to goal. He has a very good power strike.

Messi should take the ones centrally and to the right of goal that are ideal for his left foot.

The ones on the left should be hit by a right footer and Suarez is very good at them.

El Flaco

The conversion rate of our other players is irrelevant because they have taken so few. If I'm not mistaken, Neymar has taken three and scored two so far. That's a conversion rate of 66%. But what's not to say that he'd have 90% if he took the next 7 penalties or whatever. Or the other way around. When there's a huge difference in the number of shots taken, you can't really use the conversion rate to compare. Score one, miss one, and that's 50%. But you might score the next 15 times. Messi has taken so many that his conversion rate shows a fairly realistic number. A total of 3 or 5 or 10 penalties is incomparable to that.

You misunderstood my questoion to [MENTION=10740]Kerrybai[/MENTION].

Since he/she used the total converstion rate for each player's respective carrer in general, I just wanna know how Neymar's converstion rate for Santos and Barcelona was (if I use him as an example).

Last edited:

El Flaco

Messi's 1st goal vs. Levante

[gfy]EachGiftedArabianoryx[/gfy]

Messi's penalty misses

[gfy]PlaintiveFondEstuarinecrocodile[/gfy]

Messi's 2nd goal vs. Levante

[gfy]SolidWillingKronosaurus[/gfy]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans