10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Enrique: "4-4-2 is an option? No, it's not. But you adapt to the players that are available and on how you can hurt the opponent."

If that means Lucho will play Munir/Sandro against Real, then I pray to God that Messi will be ready.

LordLichtenstein

Enrique: "4-4-2 is an option? No, it's not. But you adapt to the players that are available and on how you can hurt the opponent."

If that means Lucho will play Munir/Sandro against Real, then I pray to God that Messi will be ready.

I say, we try this one.

Bravo

Alves-Piqué-Mascherano-Alba

Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta

Roberto-Suárez-Neymar

God Serena

Nah it's not, take away the emotional part of it, which we can agree we will absolutely not care about or even remember if we win LaLiga later on, it's just 3 points.

Worst case, control the loss to 1-0 or 2-1, and we destroy them at the Camp Nou later with Messi, Arda, Vermaelen and everyone fit and in the final loop, if the 1-to-1 score is what you're referring to as 6 virtual points.

There's nothing emotional about it. Us losing three points while Madrid gains 3 is 6 points lost when it comes to the liga table. Do you really think high caliber matches like this are considered so important for the sake of emotion? Come on, now. Gaining points on a weekend where your biggest rivals don't is how you win the league. Thus, matching up against them is 6 points, not 3.

Horatio

You're welcome
There's nothing emotional about it. Us losing three points while Madrid gains 3 is 6 points lost when it comes to the liga table. Do you really think high caliber matches like this are considered so important for the sake of emotion? Come on, now. Gaining points on a weekend where your biggest rivals don't is how you win the league. Thus, matching up against them is 6 points, not 3.

Interesting argument but it's not any different from Madrid winning their x'th match against team x and Barcelona losing against team y. Still results in Madrid gaining a three point lead on Barca.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Interesting argument but it's not any different from Madrid winning their x'th match against team x and Barcelona losing against team y. Still results in Madrid gaining a three point lead on Barca.

I agree I don't understand his argument. Losing against Madrid is the same as us losing against any opposition and them winning their game. We would be 3 points behind mathematically. They could beat us and lose the next game while we win and we'd be level on points, nuff said.

I think you may be getting this wrong by mistakingly assuming Barca lose three points in your calculation, we just don't gain any points. We lose the 3 points that we would have gotten if we won.

Last edited:

Kuchi

Math is universal, 3=3, even in Madrid. Only their legal system works differently every time

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I agree I don't understand his argument. Losing against Madrid is the same as us losing against any opposition and them winning their game. We would be 3 points behind mathematically. They could beat us and lose the next game while we win and we'd be level on points, nuff said.
Losing to Madrid is never acceptable. They still continue their dub theory of being better than us last season because of the play in the classico's.
In the end its about trophies, but how you play and perform in big games count as well and losing to Madrid should never be acceptable, if we lose 3-0/4-1 its a huge dent in our season even if we win la liga.
A draw is the least acceptable result.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Luis Enrique: "Recovery Messi going slower, could miss clasico? Don't know about that, recovery is going as planned."

Very informative

Kuchi

I'd say loosing both matches with Madrid is unacceptable. Losing an away leg in La Liga, where you have a return leg and 5-6 other matches where points are hard to gain, is not a dent to any season, in my book.

Getting knocked out of UCL, that would hurt. Loosing a final, hurts, loosing a game at Madrid without Messi, won't hurt that bad.

Horatio

You're welcome
Losing to Madrid is never acceptable. They still continue their dub theory of being better than us last season because of the play in the classico's.
In the end its about trophies, but how you play and perform in big games count as well and losing to Madrid should never be acceptable, if we lose 3-0/4-1 its a huge dent in our season even if we win la liga.
A draw is the least acceptable result.

From a probability standpoint if Barca has to lose I rather lose against Madrid instead of a weaker team, where the odds of winning are smaller than smaller teams.
Barca rarely loses multiple times within a small time window. So if a dip in performance or loss is to happen it is more favourable to do that against a stronger team than a losing team where the probability of winning is smaller anyway.

What I am saying is: It is more reallistic to have a 'win as much games as possible' than 'win all games in the league' mentality.

To illustrate(lol):

Chances of winning against teams:
Team 1: 0.8
Team 2: 0.7
Team 3: 0.6
Team 4: 0.5
Team 5: 0.7
Team 6: 0.9
Team 7: 0.5
Team 8: 0.6
Team 9: 0.8
Team 10: 0.9

Say you expect Barca to lose at least 3 games because of the unlikeliness of a perfect seaon. Which ones would you rather give up?
At least...this is how I approach things sometimes. This approach only applies if your expectation is that Barcelona will at least lose a couple of games due to the common dip-in -form-occurence-and-rebound-effect and other factors. If you are more of an optimist instead of a realist and expect Barca to win all the time then kudos to you.

On the other hand: It's football anything can happen. lol

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] haha that is the wrongest mathematic argument ever mate, we don't get -3 and them +3 if we lose, it's just +3 for them and +0 for us, thus IT IS ONLY 3 POINTS :)

+1 [MENTION=20218]Origami[/MENTION], madrid is a top5 team in LaLiga, we're expected to drop some points here and there against these teams so it's not a dramatic outcome at all, especially without Messi, as long as we don't lose stupid points against the rest of the teams.

As I said, it's all just emotions talking because it's madrid, Messi would never be pressured in the slightest to come back against Villareal for example, and it's the exact same 3 points, against as good a team as madrid, the clasico just affects us differently mentally with all the hype and all, it even makes us forget how to count points apparently :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans