10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo

Will Messi's reintegration go seamless? I feel Barca players play with less pressure in a way and a different kind of enjoyment.

What? They are facing more pressure and that's why they are performing well. Lazy bastards.

Horatio

You're welcome
What? They are facing more pressure and that's why they are performing well. Lazy bastards.

But in a way I also think it can have a depressuring effect by players being able to stand up and build confidence and realize that Barcelona isn't just Messi.

silvia

I still miss messi. Without messi's nutmeg and smile it is no fun.
and seriously, we have suarez and neymar facing Bate, this is not even a match

Horatio

You're welcome
I still miss messi. Without messi's nutmeg and smile it is no fun.
and seriously, we have suarez and neymar facing Bate, this is not even a match

I miss Messi as well. I just hope we don't revert to "all balls to Messi, where is Messi? O there. Here you go" tactic.

F

Flavia

I miss Messi as well. I just hope we don't revert to "all balls to Messi, where is Messi? O there. Here you go" tactic.

Hopefully Neymar won't revert to that again. He finally clicked with Suarez. So my hope is that MSN will be even better after Messi gets back.

silvia

Yeah. i agree. With sergi rising, we will find more dynamic tactics. and neymar starts to assist. stronger MSN coming.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Where's the GIF of him and Arda joking around and laughing? Good to see Leo so happy. Also heard some Messi chants at some point in the game.

Edit; there we go

[tw]661994312767549440[/tw]

Last edited:

Kerrybai

its being a very long time since we played like that, and with Messi there is far less pressure, now other players need to step up...

Horatio

You're welcome
its being a very long time since we played like that, and with Messi there is far less pressure, now other players need to step up...

It works two ways. Playing a match with Messi might have some players be convinced they are not allowed to mess up even once, because if Messi plays the expectation is that you are supposed to win and any other result is disappointing.

Sure some players were pressured the first game Messi was missing, but I think in the meantime players were able to build confidence and Messi is not the only one carrying the team.

In other words: It's easier to perform from a position of low expectation than a higher one.

Kerrybai

It works two ways. Playing a match with Messi might have some players be convinced they are not allowed to mess up even once, because if Messi plays the expectation is that you are supposed to win and any other result is disappointing.

Sure some players were pressured the first game Messi was missing, but I think in the meantime players were able to build confidence and Messi is not the only one carrying the team.

In other words: It's easier to perform from a position of low expectation than a higher one.

It sounds like you are suggesting that Messi puts pressure on the players to perform perfectly, but I have rarely seen Messi get angry at one of his team mates for a mistake, if anything the opposite is true.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Will Messi's reintegration go seamless? I feel Barca players play with less pressure in a way and a different kind of enjoyment.

Let's talk about the "enjoyment" again when we face serious opponents without Messi.. first will be this sunday.

I'm with Flavia on this one, I feel like MSN is gonna be deadlier than ever when Leo comes back :)

Horatio

You're welcome
It sounds like you are suggesting that Messi puts pressure on the players to perform perfectly, but I have rarely seen Messi get angry at one of his team mates for a mistake, if anything the opposite is true.

I never said Messi gets angry at players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans