10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Messi is clearly way out of form. There was that moment he had Suarez and Neymar open- he chose Suarez which was a mistake, since Neymar was MORE open and in better position. I attribute it to him being out of form and making the wrong decision, not ignoring Neymar on purpose.

Subbing in Messi was a mistake, we seemed to take it down 2 gears when he went on- less pressing and he was less mobile than normal. Madrid was just so bad that they still couldn't get it together, and we still managed two sitters for Munir. It was the coaches fault though, not Messi.

I'm obviously overwhelmed with joy over the result, I just don't agree with the sub. Was no need for it.

I doubt that action has anything remotely to do with him being out of form. It's not like he's lost his footballing brain while out injured. I know full well the moment you are referring to, and, without having seen the replay, I believe he was going for the less obvious pass, as the RM defenders were expecting the pass to Nerman. In the end it turned out to be the wrong decision, but that happens for everyone, and can hardly be attributed to form, or lack of it. That's just a means to fit your narrative, as I see it.

You're right that Messi didn't exactly fire on all cylinders, but what did you expect? The match was done and dusted, and there was absolutely no need for Messi to take any chances. He does, however, need minutes under his belt, and why not in a cameo on The Bernaleo, just to rub it in that extra bit?

That was no mistake from, Lucho.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol, just came back and some people got the nerve to just bitch about that situation where he could've passed it to Neymar. We were 3 goals up at the time, plus Suarez was in a good position too. Messi just wanted to feel the ball for a couple of seconds, attempt to dribble past some of the Madrid thugs. Completely justified at that point in the game. Match was dead when Munir came on for Iniesta, anyway.

raskolnikov

Once Messi passed Varane(?) Suarez was better positioned than Neymar. Suarez should have just hit it on target rather than trying to pass it back to Messi.

Messi in his best form would have passed to Neymar before dribbling but its hardly a mistake or even a jelous act.

Horatio

You're welcome
lol at people critizing his performance.
Guy played 30 minutes and needs to get back into the groove, you could tell by some passes that were off.
Nevertheless, he is majestical. Always strong on the ball, no loss while dribbling.
Did more than most Real players together during his cameo.

silvia

Why are you guys hating on Messi?
Once he gets back in form barca will runn even more rampage on teams.
Even the implication that he is jelous of Neymar or bringing the team down in some way is untrue and an insult.

well said. Some people beating around the bush implicating that Messi will ruin chemistry and pick a fight with Neymar. Now someone said messi didn't pass to neymar like a fangirl. That is a huge insult.
What do those want? Sell him now? or bench him? to Give ballon to neymar?
He already say he will leave when fans don't want him, he is winning everything he can with the club and barca fans still suspect him. god. I can't believe this cycle repeating just like his injury in 2013.
People said barca can sell him because barca won without him like 4-0, 5-0, etc. in 2013. It is repeating.
Some people said we had to sell messi and keep Cesc.
If you are a true barca fan who understand the core of barca success, his humility and unselfishness, will never say this. He already said he will enjoy deeper role and neymar will be best in the future. Some people start comparing whose performance will get more spotlight looks just like RM fans.
People need to get the fuck consciousness.

Last edited:

barcafan161

Messi is clearly way out of form. There was that moment he had Suarez and Neymar open- he chose Suarez which was a mistake, since Neymar was MORE open and in better position. I attribute it to him being out of form and making the wrong decision, not ignoring Neymar on purpose.

Subbing in Messi was a mistake, we seemed to take it down 2 gears when he went on- less pressing and he was less mobile than normal. Madrid was just so bad that they still couldn't get it together, and we still managed two sitters for Munir. It was the coaches fault though, not Messi.

I'm obviously overwhelmed with joy over the result, I just don't agree with the sub. Was no need for it.
He needs playing time so easing him back slowly is the best option. When we are up 3-0 when would there be a better chance to get him back into the swing of things.

Rahj

When will the 3 Balon D'Or finalists be announced?

i found the following on the fifa homepage:
The contenders for the 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or have been announced. The following players remain in the running for this coveted award, having been selected by football experts from the FIFA Football Committee and by a group of experts from France Football. Make sure to check back on 30 November to discover which of these stars make the final three-player shortlist, with the winner set to be announced on 11 January 2016 at the FIFA Ballon d'Or Gala.

raskolnikov

Since the voting is already closed
Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar

in that order is my prediction. Unfair towards Suarez, el tridente should be credited.

BarcaGirl

The Ballon d'or top 3 should be:
1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Neymar

Top 3 WILL be
1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Neymar

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He will start against Roma. Neymar didn't train today and needs a rest. Can't rest both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans