10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Flaco

Rakitic had a very, VERY poor match. Can't blame Messi for that. He didn't have a good game, but few did. the match was lost to complacency. defense was sleeping on that valencia counter.
Actually, Rakitic did a good job during the match yesterday.
The Croatian, like the rest of his teammates, worked his ass off.
In addition, he also had to pressing and track back in the right flanki while Messi was more interested to walk on the pitch.
Don't really understand why you even say Rakitic "had a very, VERY poor match"...

Anyway, we all know Messi need some time in order to find his form. But what I expected from Messi was that if he wasn't ready give his all in 90 minutes during a tough away game against Valencia, then Argentine should've asked Lucho that he wanted to be sub off for the sake of the team. Not least when Messi didn't really tried to actually work hard.

It's not like that we played against such a team like Villanovense.

Last edited:

SirXavi

The Engineer
In addition, he also had to pressing and track back in the right flanki while Messi was more interested to walk on the pitch.
Don't really understand why you even say Rakitic "had a very, VERY poor match"...

Anyway, we all know Messi need some time in order to find his form. But what I expected from Messi was that if he wasn't ready give his all in 90 minutes during a tough away game against Valencia, then Argentine should've asked Lucho that he wanted to be sub off for the sake of the team when Messi didn't really work hard.

LOL Messi will never ask for a sub and if Lucho were to take him off then all hell would break loose.

NorthernVictory

Anyway, we all know Messi need some time in order to find his form. But what I expected from Messi was that if he wasn't ready give his all in 90 minutes during a tough away game against Valencia, then Argentine should've asked Lucho that he wanted to be sub off for the sake of the team. Not least when Messi didn't really tried to actually work hard.

You DO REALIZE that Messi gave the assist to Suarez, and if his finishing was actually on point, we would have been for sure 3 goals? Messi had a bad day at the office, chill the fuck out.

alittlebitter

you guys already said he was past it back in 2013/14. then apparently he was goat again last season. now he is past it again and needs to be replaced by neymar. dude is still only 28, and isn't even allowed to have an off game after coming back from a 2 month injury. I'm getting whiplash from the constant kneejerk.

George_Costanza

You guys relax, he is slowly recovering his form. We are almost done with the first half of the season and going to Club WC next week. We need him more after January.

Neimax

He seems to try to avoid any risks. He has barely made a proper dribbling since his comeback. Don't know if it's because he still has some problems or if it's only a matter of his psych. I think it's the latter as he seems to hasitate sometimes before doing sth. But ofc that's normal after this kind of injuries. I just hope he gets over it in the next few games and that he'll be back at cwc final.

ini4ever

again one of those rarely games by messi and i see ppl blaming him - lol ( i can guess what was happening through 2013-14 season here , im just new one )
guys we don't need 15 kilometers running by messi or defending/pressing by him either,( actually he does, remember previous seasons ... ofc not tata's season, lol. ) i would even thank all previous managers who did let messi play free and his own way
he's total genius , therefore we just need one of those tricky passes or a movement of him that lead us to win ( he actually did last night where he put suarez in a one-on-one situation but suarez didn't decide to either shoot or pass to nemyar. )
i'd rather he runs 200 meters but give us a winning moment instead of running too much and becomes useless...
im not saying he had sucha good game, he hadn't. but the whole team were shit after scoring the goal, we've seen that before ( sevilla last season ) there are 38 round matches, it's obvious that would happen every season, it's not unusual.
remember guys we were 4 points behind RM last season exactly at this moment

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Exactly.

I don't understand her logic either: " Is it Messi's fault Rakitic was poor" :lol:

Is it Rakitic fault Messi was poor?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm surprised people are surprised about Messi's ratherlethargicness.

You'd expect people who have supposedly followed this team for quite some time to understand its not something new. Ah well, I hope you guys complain about that when he does well too. :)

blaugrana1987

Messi was rusty and not in form, but he still created several good goal scoring chances. He missed two sitters like Neymar did. We drawn at one of the thoughest places in spain, have yet to play both atletico and real at home and have already played all important away games this season. The level of meltdown is amusing yet worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans