10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Yea, but on the other hand, Neymar himself looked for Messi a lot in the 2nd half as well. It's either an old habbit of the team, or an instruction from the bench.

I feel that it was probably an old habit. I doubt Enrique would start becoming that desperate. It was evident from even the first half that Messi is still not match fit.

bismp

all im saying is this. Messi was out for 2 months! he has been back last 2 weeks clearly not 100% fit nor is he match sharp, its understandable, but he OFFERS nothing when he has off game. He doesnt chase balls he does not press or back tracks, he is static and just walks around. In those moments the last 15-20 min you sub him off as procaution, and put some fresh new energy to press for 15 min. It does not help the team out at all keeping him there for 90. If it was anyone else everyone would be screaming to sub him. its not about hurting his confidence, he is messi he is not a 17 year old, he needs to be sacraficed for the team and taken off like any player. You can NOT have him be bigger than the whole team. This team proved without messi, Suarez and neymar can carry thisno doubt, we looked invincible.

Messi makes barca better? yes he does but only when he is 100% and in form, cause out of form messi = 10 players barca

Lol

I can agree that he offers nothing defensively,but even in his worst nights,to claim that he offers nothing offensively and that we play with 10 men is somehing i hear for the first time

FC B

Relevance is that goal would change the game. As everybody here is hellbent on blaming Messi for the draw. As if one player can be blamed for many missed chances, and other key players(busi, raki, pique) underperforming.

I, for instance don't blame Messi at all for the draw, he has no fault not being 100% fit and off form after a two month absence from the pitch.
I blame instead Lucho or the players that crowded Messi too heavily with all sorts of balls in or just near the box and not letting Neymar be the main creator man till Messi gradually gets back to his form.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
We'll be fine guys. Equalizing against Valencia at their home there is no shame in it. Poor game by Messi but will recover.

F

Flavia

all im saying is this. Messi was out for 2 months! he has been back last 2 weeks clearly not 100% fit nor is he match sharp, its understandable, but he OFFERS nothing when he has off game. He doesnt chase balls he does not press or back tracks, he is static and just walks around. In those moments the last 15-20 min you sub him off as procaution, and put some fresh new energy to press for 15 min. It does not help the team out at all keeping him there for 90. If it was anyone else everyone would be screaming to sub him. its not about hurting his confidence, he is messi he is not a 17 year old, he needs to be sacraficed for the team and taken off like any player. You can NOT have him be bigger than the whole team. This team proved without messi, Suarez and neymar can carry thisno doubt, we looked invincible.

Messi makes barca better? yes he does but only when he is 100% and in form, cause out of form messi = 10 players barca

Messi assisted Suarez. Even off form, he still contributes. As he always has, all those years.

serghei

Deportivo (h)
Betis (h)
Espanyol (a)
Granada (h)
Bilbao (h)
Malaga (a)
Atletico (h)

Next 7 games in La Liga. 5 are home, 2 are away. Not the easiest away games, but up to Atletico we should be having maximum points if things go as planned. Both Espnayol and Malaga are pretty bad this season.

J

Jamie Cal

The attack looked too stagnant in second, half was slowed down to often as players almost sucked the urgency out of the game.

Shame Roberto wasn't available. I wonder how close he was to playing, would'a been the ideal sub.

Me55i D105

Some people here are just spoled ungrateful little twats.

Messi was not his USUAL self but still managed to do some stuff that wasn't converted, same as everyone else. Worst game? Not by a mile.

Can't win them all, game was good, they created chances and we got a point from what is considered a hard away match and to top it all off we are still leading the league. So chill and take it easy. During the last year of guardiola we didn't even have scoring chances, just loads of useless passing around, those games were the worst.

bismp

Some people here are just spoled ungrateful little twats.

Messi was not his USUAL self but still managed to do some stuff that wasn't converted, same as everyone else. Worst game? Not by a mile.

Can't win them all, game was good, they created chances and we got a point from what is considered a hard away match and to top it all off we are still leading the league. So chill and take it easy. During the last year of guardiola we didn't even have scoring chances, just loads of useless passing around, those games were the worst.

The Tata season was also pretty bad

KingLeo10

he does need to track back and defend more often though, we absolutely pick apart cristiano for not contributing anything in defense so it's only fair to levy criticism when it is warranted. That said, I am confident he will be back to his best come 2016 and the business end of the season.

Catalan Fan

Isn't Messi just back after a prolonged injury ? Yet I see plenty of "off form" comments ?

If his "form" doesn't improve we can always offload him to Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City in Jan which might generate a few quid I suppose......

Fucking unbelievable Jeff :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans