10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMU ReBorn

According to Transfermarkt, Messi have 37 assists in 99 appearances for Argentina so far.

I searched the same numbers for Maradona in his 91 appearances for Argentina,
But a lot of games are missing and it only says he played 34 appearances.
He played his 100th vs jamaica and 101 st vs Paraguay in Copa ,which means That Assist's count will be 40+ Now as he had 3 vs paraguay and a few in friendly's !! ?

El Flaco

He played his 100th vs jamaica and 101 st vs Paraguay in Copa ,which means That Assist's count will be 40+ Now as he had 3 vs paraguay and a few in friendly's !! ?

Sorry mate, I was wrong... :(

Checked up more closer tranfermarkt (plus wiki in case) and it says Messi made 105 appearances for Argentina.

But in the "detailed performance data" at transfermarkt, it was only counted at 99 appearances though...

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Sorry mate, I was wrong... :(

Checked up more closer tranfermarkt (plus wiki in case) and it says Messi made 105 appearances for Argentina.

But in the "detailed performance data" at transfermarkt, it was only counted at 99 appearances though...
No problem,Mate. Any way Thanks for the stats
:cheers:

It has been over explained in the last pages, dig up

oh yes read every thing.same old boring topic . Messi was and will never be a player like suarez or a Sanchez who will run for their life to get back the ball , but to say that he never tracks back and help's the team in defending is laughable .I have seen many times that Messi tracking back a long way, I will give you few Examples , One vs Aguero when he was playing for Atleti , were leo ran from one half to other, and won the ball , Messi running back and tackling Di maria in 2011-12 season . Another was in last season ,Don't remember against which team, we were wearing pink kit ,And the one vs against Roma in his return match after injury few weeks ago , Now please don't come up with the arguments that i mentioned only 3 instances , he has done it several times . !! More than that he walks in the middle of a match at time's which people finds irritating , i would relate that to His Growth deficiency disease . people with such disorder can't run all the time like a sanchez or suarez does . Messi has several times vomited in the pitch . His body doesn't cops with such extreme work rate . People need to under stand that . No one is 100% perfect

Last edited:

mampilly

I'm obviously very worried that Messi won't be able to score against Cech and just have a shitty performance like last season against City where he couldn't even finish off a penalty kick :coffee:

Scored or not , Messi was the player of the match

Here, I think a lot of members are messi haters. Brazil fans please wake up from sleep

Observer

Banned
oh yes read every thing.same old boring topic . Messi was and will never be a player like suarez or a Sanchez who will run for their life to get back the ball , but to say that he never tracks back and help's the team in defending is laughable .I have seen many times that Messi tracking back a long way, I will give you few Examples , One vs Aguero when he was playing for Atleti , were leo ran from one half to other, and won the ball , Messi running back and tackling Di maria in 2011-12 season . Another was in last season ,Don't remember against which team, we were wearing pink kit ,And the one vs against Roma in his return match after injury few weeks ago , Now please don't come up with the arguments that i mentioned only 3 instances , he has done it several times . !! More than that he walks in the middle of a match at time's which people finds irritating , i would relate that to His Growth deficiency disease . people with such disorder can't run all the time like a sanchez or suarez does . Messi has several times vomited in the pitch . His body doesn't cops with such extreme work rate . People need to under stand that . No one is 100% perfect

1.- I don't think players should run like headless chickens. (defeats the purpose)
2.- There's time to run, there's time to stop, there's time to look at your surroundings, there's time for an extra pass, there's time to shoot, there's time to defend. Players like Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets understand this perfectly.
3.- High pressing demands tracking in both sides of the pitch (to get the ball in opposition & to track back for counters)
4.- If he had a condition which hinders his physical abilities he shouldn't be playing the amount of games per season he does. That's for him & staff to evaluate, yours is a thesis that's not supported by Messi's stats.
5.- I don't care who you are, you don't get special treatment.

RMU ReBorn

1.- I don't think players should run like headless chickens. (defeats the purpose)
2.- There's time to run, there's time to stop, there's time to look at your surroundings, there's time for an extra pass, there's time to shoot, there's time to defend. Players like Xavi, Iniesta & Busquets understand this perfectly.
3.- High pressing demands tracking in both sides of the pitch (to get the ball in opposition & to track back for counters)
4.- If he had a condition which hinders his physical abilities he shouldn't be playing the amount of games per season he does. That's for him & staff to evaluate, yours is a thesis that's not supported by Messi's stats.
5.- I don't care who you are, you don't get special treatment.
Messi has a definite playing style that suits his body and physical limitations ,and that's why you see him meandering in the pitch ,that doesn't means he shouldn't play full 90 minutes. He is the most important Barca player ,and should be playing every match ,except Copa del rey fixtures against Segunda teams . ! his physical limitations doesn't restrict's him from playing maximum match's .it's when he run's like a Sanchez for 90 minutes ,that he struggle's because his body doesn't allow that . i am sorry for repeating it again but you are not getting my point.. Even Xavi wasn't a player like that ... They understands's their strengths and weaknesses better than us , and i guess Messi is doing what is needed to keep himself fit for 90 minutes and possibly another 30 in knock out match's

Observer

Banned
I think Messi has an ability & IQ for the game that surpass probably everything we've seen so far in football and that gives him the edge.

What I also think is that Messi requires a top physical condition to have his bread & butter game in full display as well to collaborate with pressing.

I wish the staff could realize this in order to get the best from him & not burning him out in the process.

RMU ReBorn

Messi is an injury prone player . He missed Almost 16-17 months during 2005-08 due to injury's and 4-5 months during 2013-14 , Now another 2 months ... !! kudos to his medical staff and trainers during 2008-13 that we we were able to witness vintage Messi in full flow in that time... Messi had to work hard to keep himself fit with all his limitations , He doesn't even get half the credit that Ronaldo get in that aspect .Messi does work out a lot,but his success is often related to the immense talent he possesses

raskolnikov

Messi is an injury prone player . He missed Almost 16-17 months during 2005-08 due to injury's and 4-5 months during 2013-14 , Now another 2 months ... !! kudos to his medical staff and trainers during 2008-13 that we we were able to witness vintage Messi in full flow in that time... Messi had to work hard to keep himself fit with all his limitations , He doesn't even get half the credit that Ronaldo get in that aspect .Messi does work out a lot,but his success is often related to the immense talent he possesses

Adriano, Aguero or Robben are injury prone. Messi isnt.

gasgas

Messi used to be an injury prone player . He missed Almost 16-17 months during 2005-08 due to injury's and 4-5 months during 2013-14 , Now another 2 months ... !! kudos to his medical staff and trainers during 2008-13 that we we were able to witness vintage Messi in full flow in that time... Messi had to work hard to keep himself fit with all his limitations , He doesn't even get half the credit that Ronaldo get in that aspect .Messi does work out a lot,but his success is often related to the immense talent he possesses

fixed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans