10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe his injury isn't fully healed, maybe he still isn't fit. And maybe it's mental - he is afraid if he runs too much he'll reinjury himself.

But he has been like that for several seasons, even before he got injured. I don't believe being static is the right strategy for avoiding injury.

Again, nobody is asking him to run like crazy. Just be more available.

Radec

Barca in the second half vs Valencia, away to Leverkusen (although harsh as weak team) and in game yesterday have looked more laboured in attack then previously.

Now that is an extreme version as Messi just coming back from fitness but the team has looked more one paced and pedestrian in that time.

Could easy say well Messi has two goals and two assists but that is not something that people accept from other players like Ronaldo or even Cesc etc in past.

I AM NOT BLAMING MESSI for these games and understand he is coming back from injury but I think it has hampered the team. Passing is slower and more players have to cover for it etc.

Other games last season were frustrating at lack of tracking back and Marcelo ran fucking riot in home league game vs Barca and Real could have been well ahead because of it. Things like that are frustrating at times.

He is best ever and he can play how he wants as he is so good but that doesnt change the fact that AT TIMES it can be a bit frustrating if it is hampering the team.

I rather Messi play below Messi level now than rather later during the critical stages of next year. In the long run it'll be great for the team that Messi play now and Improve on it for next year..

mark1nhu

Well said Don. One could only hope that Messi changes this aspect of his game but I think he won't. He is close to perfection but I guess, nothing is perfect.

The question is why? He is plain lazy or preserving energy for those outbursts? I'd like to think that for someone like Messi who is not that old, he doesn't need to be that static to preserve the amount of energy he needs.

Come on man, he already needed to stay a little bit static to preserve energy years ago with Pep.

It makes totally sense that he needs even more now, getting older.

Egert

Estonian Culé
That moment when you realise Messi hasn't scored against Chec and we draw Arsenal :tata:

Time to break the curse :tito:

raskolnikov

Never scored in Italy
Never scored against a mourinho side
Never scored on English ground
Never scored against Neuer
Never scored against brazil

I think the never scored:
- against cech
- against chelsea
- at ko stage of a wc

Are the only ones left.

Nucky

It doesn't really matter if Messi hasn't scored against Cech. As long as we go through to quater finals I don't really care who scores.

raskolnikov

Cech is someone to be worried about though,not for Messi per se but he is a very good goalkeeper who can win them matches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I see that English media again dug up something to get Messi down.
Once he gets another meaningless piece of stat checked they will no doubt go back to rainy night in Stoke mantra.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It doesn't matter guys, it's just a freak stat.
It would be worrying if the stat was something like "messi sucks whenever he plays cech" but it's not, leo has put some incredible performances against chel$ea so who cares about the goal stat.
Although I'm pretty sure messi will score at least 3 in this tie.:messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans